Climber 280 Gear Oil

maddog

how much gear oil is needed and what grade for a 92 climber 280? i have a funny grinding noise from the engine as if the kickstart is being engaged when running. starts and rides perfect so dont think its anything major. was in a bit of a sorry state when i got it. so possibly may just need an oil change. now running it at 50:1 as previous owner told me 70:1 so decided to play on the safe side. any help including a manual would be hugely appreciated. thanks in advance guys

Takes 1 liter. The drain is the allen head. If you removed the bolt under the shifter that was a dedent for your shift drumand the stop for the kick start spring! 80:1 if you want to ride trials. 40:1 if you race trails.

how much gear oil is needed and what grade for a 92 climber 280? i have a funny grinding noise from the engine as if the kickstart is being engaged when running. starts and rides perfect so dont think its anything major. was in a bit of a sorry state when i got it. so possibly may just need an oil change. now running it at 50:1 as previous owner told me 70:1 so decided to play on the safe side. any help including a manual would be hugely appreciated. thanks in advance guys

Got a manual at home from my 92 climber 280, its in italian but you can still see everything you need to.

There is only basic info in the manual. Applies to almost any bike, but some info is better than none. Tried to post at work , but this new system kept locking me out. Guess it does not like that I use more than 6 IP`s. Light gear oil, bel ray 75 to 80 wt, Maxima same or good ole 20-30wt what ever.

Any way I would pull off the right cover which has the stator on it. Nothing worse than bad mains on the aprila destroying the stator and ripping off the magnets on the flywheel at the same time. Once off give a good tug in every direction on the flywhee,l if if you have movement you have bad mains!

Edited by lineaway

surely your supposed to have some slight movement in the magneto? all bearings have slight play in them anyway. i have a tiny amount og play in the magneto end but nothing worth worrying about