New 2013 Jotagas Revealed

I saw the new bike in the flesh today and its way sexier that the 2012 model. It has loads of modifications.

Took one for a test ride for 15 minutes around the sections and fell in love.

Soft power, superb build quality, quiet ,smooth, progressive engine ,no rattles at all.. I ragged the clutch to bits trying to get it to struggled it didn't.Suspension is very bouncy but firmer than last year. It's amazing to Mr that they got it so right so quick.

The titanium pipe makes the the whole package more attractive pricewise. Jotagas UK website has the photos and the spec changes. My order went in 5 hours ago!

I'm not connected to them in anyway, just an enthusiast for small companies.Having visited the factory ,seen the many prototypes,seen Jordis huge continuing input , seen the tig welders at work, met the engineers and ridden the bike, experienced the friendliness that only a small growing company offers... ive bought in.

If you get the chance give one a ride.

I'll upload my factory photos shortly :)

Trialsrfun,

Theres just one 2013 prototype . The original 2012 prototypes are different from one another. Two of them involve steel custom frames with the side shock set arranged on board, no doubt getting the set up right . The 3 rd is a standard alloy chassis with the headstock modified trying out different angles. The 4th prototype is made of clay and no doubt cost a thousands to make , but looks very similar to the finished product. These were all assembled bikes. Incidentally , my right boot didn't rub on the shock at all during my ride.

There were many other chassis on a rack at the factory with modifications as well. There has clearly been lots and lots of development work undertaken to get it better than the competition.

Jordi had some of these prototypes at his home where he has worked in the recent past with an ex Gas Gas engineer named Paco Roldain who designed the JTG engine as well. Paco is now the JTG factory workshop top man.

Jordis goal is to win ,and nothing less will do.

I will do a full write up soon. Everyone kindly let me take lots of photos , some of things I wouldn't EVER have dreamt of .

Hope this helps

I will do a full write up soon. Everyone kindly let me take lots of photos , some of things I wouldn't EVER have dreamt of .

Hope this helps

Thank you GG I look forward to reading it. I cannot see any problem with the rear shock location on the JTG, my Bultaco Sherpa twinshock (like thousands of others) has them mounted out in the fresh air right behind your legs without problem.

Do you know if JTG have the frames made locally or in Italy possibly by those that produce the frames for Beta.

your trying to tell me on you bulto you have never droped the bike and bent the shock, in my schoolboy days my dad used to just order a set of girlings every week ! I like the ease of access to the shock but it most be more prone to crash damage ?

I'm predicticting you will see Bou on a Jotagas at some point ;)

I was thinking the exact same thing but I have nothing to back up that thought apart from pure supposition...

1) Honda 'dip their toe' in and out of World trials motorsport as they see fit..and they're due an 'out'.

So, no more big money rides on big money factory exotica :o

2) With the current global financial down-turn the WTC circus would probably shrink down to what are effectively cottage industry teams.

What would King Toni do?