Yet .. Another What Bike Question...

metisse

Having decided to invest in an early mono to compete against the modern bikes in the intermediate class.. where should I put my money..

I fancy a Fantic 305 or the slightly more modern Aprillia climber . Having had neither back in the day, like a lot of people I had a mono yamaha , which way should I jump as I would like something a little different.

If anybody has any whys or why nots please feel free...

Thanks

1, Tempted , but no ..

2. Don t remember many people able to get the best out of those , when they cost lots more in their day and usually well beaten by the TY and others

3. Know Joel and the chap who cleaned the Effel tower on one so would be ok for spares and set up advice , but see above , but with out the price tag...

4. Tempted but under the impression if you drop it you might not get the bits to make it pretty again .. but perhaps worth a second look.....

I had a Fantic 245 (not 205 i know) and it was all revs. I also had an Aprillia Climber 280 which had an increible engine but the bike was very tall which made it a bit top heavy for me.

I would totally agree about getting a Beta TR, mine was a 260 and it was the best early mono I ever rode.

Have you ridden them, the 88 rode like a ty 350 (nothing wrong with that if you want) The `89 was the first water cooled (large) 90 (large marginly better. 91` green theme still big. `92 and 93 much more compact and actually the 94 was the best but now with the new gassers out was considered still bulky. I have owned quite a few, but the `93 was my favorite!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

I snaffled up a very clean 309 Fantic today...after all the suggestions its what took my fancy..this week...Looking around the various internet sites there is some really good value in the mono aircooled bikes at the moment, will they remain so if the age group that rode them back in day decides to revisit their youth and a class for them takes off....