Rcvs Vs Crts ?

colinf

I can't be the only one who thinks Hondas offer to build ( and sell ) "production" versions of the RCV is a great idea.Apparently HRC say they could build as many as were needed whether it was 10,20 or 30!.Teams could buy them for about a million including spares backup and would have a bike faster than any of the CRT teams without having to spend on development.Some people are worried that Honda would have too much influence on Dorna given that they supply the Moto2 engines and about 75% of the Moto3 ones.I would suggest that it might spur Yamaha to do the same and perhaps it would help Suzuki if they knew they could generate income which they could put back into development of the works bike.When i used to watch GPs as a kid and when i was old enough to go and watch the British GP the grid was virtually all TZ and RGs and i don't remember anyone moaning about it.I'd rather see a grid full of prototypes than bikes with lower spec engines than some of the World SuperBikes. Discuss.........

Bit of a moot point there now that Dorna has limited the factories to building only 4 prototype bikes each

The comment about Honda having too much control is pretty spot on, can't see any other manufacturer being able to get the rookie rule ditched

To be fair with the rookie rule, Yamaha, Ducati and Honda all wanted it ditched - but I take your point, the combination of Honda, Repsol, Marquez and the Spanish connection probably helped....

As for CRT, it's a joke and has achieved nothing. More bikes on the grid but for what purpose