Do Rev 3 Have A Neutral? Can I Have Your One Please!

iconic558

I'm sure they do but mine is impossibly hard to find, it was my 1st trial yesterday and its a real pain between sections. I spoke with a couple of other rev 3 boys with same problem......I'm guessing this can be fixed with the clutch sticky? Ok when engine stopped so must be a dragging clutch?

Running 800cc of putoline light gear oil......as I write this I'm thinking that should be 500!

Years of hydraulic clutches and I've only just learnt how to set the lever freeplay today!

.... I incorrectly assumed that moving the Allen screw in gave me more piston movement, when the opposite is true.

My fault, I moved settings when I was tweaking my bike to fit me.

If the clutch drags it is hard to get neutral I personally use PJ1 CLUTCH TUNER 500ccother people may use differant oil it is what works best for them. My rev3 has two screws on the lever One grub screw with a lock nut pushing the piston the other on the main body adjust the lever travel. Even set up neutral can be found easier from 2nd gear than 1st as I found on both 315R and Sherco's

I'd say you have a problem with set up somewhere. If you have not done it for a while I'd change the gbox oil and have a 10 minute ride to swill the plates with fresh oil- any better? If not I'd then back off the clutch lever free play adjusters until the lever is slack and does not press on the MS plunger to rule out heat expansion issues. Any better? No? Now bleed the clutch slowly and fully. Once bled and without tightening the free play adjuster at the lever take it for a spin. Is it better? If not its the plates sticking so time for the Beta clutch mod. If you don't know how old the clutch is buy a new set of plates before you remove the old clutch. Do the mod to these and soak in fresh gbox oil before putting them in the bike. Always make sure the lever as free play at the plunger so things can expand when hot. A common problem (for brakes as well) is no expansion room. This means as things get hot during use if is causing pressure. This pressure either makes the clutch stick or your brakes drag. Both are annoying but simple to fix.