Waterproof Jacket

221_matty

Hello Guys

Due to this awesome summer we are experiencing I feel a raincoat maybe needed...

My needs:

Lightweight

Durable

Doesn't Rip easily

Comfortable

Quite discreet (Black or Blue)

Under say £60

Any recommendations?

Doesnt have to be trials related however it will be used for a riding jacket, I went to GoOutdoors however I feel the gear is more desired to save weight than to be actually worn.

I looked at the Alpinestar gear, it looks good however I have heard it falls to bits, like everything italian.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by 221_matty

Might not be cool enough as it's agricultural green but you can't beat a Dickies Fieldtex jacket. Less than £30 and it's breathable, waterproof and very tear resistant.

I have a real old Fast Eddy wax cotton smock. Similar shape to an flash but very rippable Alpinestar waterproof.

I reckon you could make them easy enough if you know someone with a sewing machine. Get some thick cotton sheet and make the smock and then soak it in wax cotton juice (you can get it on line).

You then have a water & thorn proof very tough longlasting top. Once a year treat it to new juice and it'll last forever!

Get some cloth here- http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CGUQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fabricuk.com%2Ffabrics.php%3Ffabric_type%3D267&ei=14r8T5_GDYed8gPmkO26Bw&usg=AFQjCNHg100sXxqPFQ55IZ-xG39OXnokoQ&sig2=tusgrKAJCSqtdXt5C-Z3iw I fancy the red next time!

Edited by pindie

Enduro use best waterproof jacket Ive used so far.....dickies work jacket, none of the so called breathable ones breath enough for me (!) But at least the work jacket has lining that wicks sweat away, cheap, washable, practical, waterproof pockets. Bad points: when in Wales, riding a blue yamaha wr, with white crash helmet, get taken for a copper, which can be amusing!

Last week I did 20 mins practice on my beta, p****** down and dickies was fine, bit of an overkill but stayed dry!