2012 Evo 300 2T Stator Output

pkelyman

I guess you are talking about ignition?

I have no direct experience of an 2012 300 but can't see it being different to earlier models which have a source coil (a large coil with a lot of fine windings) a trigger coil which is a smallblack thing with a small piece of exposed metal.

Usually the source coil gives about 20 to 30 volts AC when you kick it over and has a resistance of 200 to 300 ohms.

The trigger coil usually gives about 1.5 to 2.5 volts AC when you kick it over and has a resistance of 1000 to 1250 ohms.

You need a digital multimeter to check this or an oscilloscope. Analogue meter(swinging pointer) does not respond fast enough.

The best way to check these outputs is with plug out, connected to lead and earthed on cylinder head, carb and reed block removed and spin the engine with a drill. Ideally look for output with an oscilloscope (many car garages have these).

Cheers

The stator winding must be inspected while

the temperature of the component is approximately

20 °C.

The inspection may also be performed with

the generator coupled to the engine.

Disconnect the 12-way black connector

between the generator and CDI and with

the use of a multimeter, verify that the resistances

read between the terminals shown

below fall within the prescribed range:

black-white (pick-up): 320 ohm ± 15%

red-blue (condenser): 300 ohm ±15 %

yellow-brown (services): 0.45 ohm ±20 %

hope this helps

Edited by 2lls

Thank you everyone for your replies, this gives me the information I needed.

I'm trying to put together a little "headlight-turn signal-brake light kit" so I can get my Beta inspected for road use.

I only plan to use roads to connect one trail to the next but I need to be USA - Pa legal.

Anyone have any experience/recommendations/comments in doing this?

Only on an old BSA and a Husqvarna unfortunately.

From what 211s has said I think you will take the power from the services - the low ohms being due to the thick windings.

Connect up your bulbs in parallel and fit a voltage regulator or it will blow bulbs at high rpm.

I know on my husky I always had problems with stop bulb blowing even with regulator fitted. I put this down to the shakig it got under braking on rough ground. To preven this I fitted a switc to isolate the brake circuit when I was off road.

Cheers