Waterside Mcc Summer Series

dom1f

Anyone riding round 1 of the summer dried tonight ?

I was supposed to be riding my first trial with Ringwood a couple of weeks ago but the missus had a baby so that stopped my debut.

Going to try and ride this trial tonight if the day works out that way.

Oh well, didn't work out that I could get away in time.

Next round is Thursday 2nd August 2012, now all I need to do is get everything else to play ball and fit my new towbar to get there.

• 2 weeks later...

ACU licence finally arrived on Saturday.

Not going to have time to fit the tow bar so I will have to use the van which means pulling the seats out Thursday after work but still intending on getting there.

After a couple of false starts I finally managed to make my competitive trials debut last night at Round 2 of the Waterside Summer Series.

479938_10151021573362669_128106529_n.jpg

Found the location a bit late, so everyone else was under way by the time I had got the bike out of the van.

Was not able to walk the sections since people were riding them so found it a bit hard working out where I had to go but asked a couple of people and worked out that if I waited till another rider with a yellow number had their go I could watch where they went.

Embarassingly crap on the first lap, could not get my head round actually using a back brake, since the Mille never had one that worked anyway.

Gave myself a bit of a talking to and managed a better second lap. Due to starting out of sequence and spedning more time looking at the sections on lap one I was in amongst the Clubman and Expert riders and the stuff they were doing was a real eye-opener.

Steady improvement over the rest of the laps and a full clean lap of all six sections at the end made my night. Then I was invited to the pub, which is always nice.

Overall very cheap motorsport so far, £12 entry fee and a thimble full of super unleaded, though I can see where the money is on other folks bikes.

Got to start somewhere, will have to see how I did when the results come out in a couple of days. Anything above flat last will be a major coup.

Results are in......

38 Dom1F Sherco Beginner

3 3 2 0 2 1 11

0 3 0 0 2 0 5

0 5 0 0 1 0 6

0 1 0 0 0 0 1

0 0 0 0 0 0 0 23

Which makes me 6th in the Beginners group out of 9 riders.

My only 5 was a missed exit gate rather than a fall, I was clean through that section except for that.

Happy with that.

• 2 weeks later...

Another round tonight, met someone from here who lurks and doesn't post. Sorry mate didn't get your name, was a bit pre-occupied with getting my son under way on his TY.

Think someone told the organisers that the sections were too easy last time cos the sections seemed much harder to me.

Did clear all of them except one once just not on the same lap as far as I can remember.