What Now? The Field Is Wide Open.

rockyrider

With Valentino going back to Yamaha, and greeted with much respect from Jorge, What will the 2013 World Championship GP look like. Dani Pedrosa will be Top Dog on the Honda team with Stefan Bradl closely in tow. But, could either of these two Non championship GP riders hold off two previous World Champions? I say NOT! My money is on Yamaha for 2013.

Its all gone a bit quiet on the Crutchlow to Ducati front.

Dorna previously bank rolled his seat in MotoGP to keep a Brit in the series but now Bradley Smith is moving up to Tech 3 they have that without Crutchlow.

There is talk of Dovi going to Ducati and maybe Randy DePuniet taking his seat at Tech 3 which leaves Crutchlow out in the cold.

Shame, he deserves a ride for his performances this year but Tech3 is a French team and are unlikely to run 2 Brits despite Herve Poncheral's apparent love of English riders - James Toseland and James Ellison both rode for him before Cal.

Time will tell.

Crutchlow still has until the next race weekend at Indy to re-sign with Tech3 - according to Poncheral. A contract has been offered to both him and Dovi and he is still waiting for an answer from both - but Dovi has been reported to have signed for Ducati, although unconfirmed by anyone at the moment.

If Crutchlow doesn't re-sign, there is the possibility of the Ducati factory B team. Scott Redding could also be heading there. Crutchlow wanted a factory ride but the Yamaha and Ducati too it appears, factory seats have now gone. The Ducati itself is a gamble, the B team even more so as there is no guarantee it will be a full factory bike.

Probably his best option is Tech3 again next year. Hayden is only on a one year contract with Ducati for 2013, so maybe Crutchlow on a factory Ducati in 2014 if it has been improved enough. Suzuki will be back then as well. A good season on Tech3 next year may open more doors.

Although the Rossi/Yamaha thing is a done deal it's not certain if he'll be able to take his crew with him.JB confirms Rossi asked him to go back to Yamaha with him but the the team hasn't said anything yet.In my opinion he'd be lost without him and may struggle if he had to get on with it working with the personnel the team supplies like everyone else has to.Check out Stoner's comments about VR's return to Yamaha.....It's brilliant and you'd have to say Rossi had it coming after the critisism that he and JB made about Stoner not trying on the Ducati!

Crutchlow deserves more than to try to "develop" the Ducati. He'd do well to stay with Tech 3 for another year. My guess is Casey is still fuming over Valentino taking him out broad side last season, in an unnecessary and desperate attempt to prove himself.

No, he dealt with that superbly at the time with the ambition / talent line.

I'd stab a guess at what Casey is enjoying is repaying the jibes that Rossi threw his way when he signed for Ducati. Asked how competitive he thought the bike would be, his sarcastic reply was it is impossible to tell how good the bike is as Stoner isn't trying hard enough. Add in a few more jibes about Stoner and his crew not being able to set it up properly and he set himself up nicely for one of the biggest doses of humble pie eating ever seen. Casey is just enjoying helping a few more spoonfulls go down - and why not. Something like 23 - 0 in Ducati race wins, never mind the poles. Rossi should have kept his over inflated ego in check and his mouth shut.

Loving it - should spice up the race this weekend...

My sentiments exactly....wouldn't mind betting the race commentators gloss over all that though and will tell us that everyone wants to see Rossi on a "competitive" bike again......or maybe just one thats easier to ride!