Mitani Parts Sy175F Racing

ausy300pro

does anyone know where I could get a mitani front pipe or possibly complete exhaust system from for my SY175F Racing, have got the engine capacity up to 195cc and done the other recommended mods and am interested in losing some weight and the mitani bits seem best place to start, can anyone help ? Have seen some parts at banyeres in spain but very exppensive plus carriage to pay !

also seen a nice idea on the takuma narita website, new end caps in alloy for existing silencer but tried to communicate with site in english and predictably no response, anyone fluent in japanese !!!

I thought there may be renewed interest in these bikes with Scorpa selling the 125 again and GAS GAS bringing out the randonne.

195 cc thats impressive. Is that the bore kit from france or something you came up with on your own. Bored and stroked or all increase in displacement from just piston size ? I am sure many others would be interested to know.

HI

it is achieved from bore size only, still very much under test but going well so far, not the kit from France that is too expensive even if they did ever reply to emails (Yes I know it is a French website and I don't speak the language but I expected someone there to speak enough english to at least reply), this kit is being put together here (England), and will be a bolt on to the 163cc bikes but the 143cc engines need the crankcase mouth opening up.

Have to agree,I've run these 163 s on and off since late 06..

Never in a million years look at a decent 250,but well made and great FUN to ride.

Totally stock,never even removed the baffles as I like it quiet.

Biggest problem is they've NO ground clearance.

I,ve ridden a few modded ones ,all felt worse than mine.

Arguments aside,they are great bikes,out last any other bike and next to no maintenance.

I,ve got a 17stone son that trials one and he just can't break it.

The SSDT committee use them for setting the course.

Fantastic on fuel. and hold there value so a few £ spent on one may be worthwhile.

Again great fun to ride.

yes I agree, point being I have had various newer better (?) bikes and enjoy riding the little scorpa as much as or more than any of them, main reason I went a bit bigger on capacity is the fact that original pistons are nigh on impossible to get hold off anyway.

(ground clearence is low but doesn't bother me on the courses I ride)

Ive probably had the most topics on the TYS125/175 issue, Ive been on TC since 2003 - is it a trials bike, isnt it a trials bike - is it any good, is it not etc etc

I had one of the first ones in Dec 2003 (TYS125), had it for a couple of years, and got an SY200 racing a couple of years ago (and in the interim period had a Beta 200 /SY250/Beta 250, then decided to go back to the 'little Scorpa') , and wouldnt change it now.....

I've been offered silly money during a trial in the last few months, and wouldn't let go of it.

I still maintain - despite others who will argue against it (as they are entitled to...):-

Bullet proof engine - suspension excellent - far better than my (novice) ability - well built...etc etc

Pay your money, take your choice....

I just wish the choice of an SY200 was there now....I doubt it ever will be, which is a shame

cheers

John

Edited by john b

Thanks for the reply ausy300pro regarding the method of increase in displacement. Keep us updated on how it is working out while you continue to develope the engine. Can you let us know what piston you have used? I know what you mean regarding the french company that does the 200cc kit. It is outrageously expensive and they dont reply to inquires about their products..