Why Would Dovi Switch To Ducati, 2013?

rockyrider

Why would Dovi switch to Ducati? He's got 5 podiums under his belt with Tech 3 Yamaha, so far this season! He should have been chosen by Honda to pair up with Dani, given his performance so far this year. Moreover, Tech 3 should have offered him something, Then why would he take a 2 year deal with a manufacturer he is very likely to struggle with for a top 5. Why? Is it the money, or the prestige? Or something else.

10 x € what he's on at the mo, he's getting on and hasn't got long left in Moto GP, plus he has been assured they will develope a new bike, which he's hoping will be a lot better than the current one and finally, he's Itallian. If he can't make the bike go fast, it's not his fault, cos Rossi couldn't either, if he wins on it, he's a hero and laughing all the way to the bank.

It was the only avenue left for him to get back on a desperately wanted factory bike. I'm not sure how far behind the factory bikes Tech3 get updates

Ducati was probably keen to get another italian back into the team as well

There's probably something in the Italian connection.Some "insiders" think Cal has more potential than Dovi ( i know Dovi's doing better ) and Cal had a verbal agreement to sign with Ducati and was told it was hours away so why the change of heart by Ducati? Can Dovi take any sponsorship money to Ducati or did he settle for less money than Cal?

Pedrosa has had 6 years? of the Honda team being built around him with all the development being focused on him & still has only just started to get more than 2 race wins a year happening.

I can't help but feel for Nicky Hayden still, it must have been soul destroying to win the championship for Honda & then get told you're developing a bike you can't even fit on for your new boy team mate

Personally I think that Dovi's biggest problem is his nationality, if you're spanish you have more sponsorship money behind you & Dorna is prepared to push your case for a better ride if you aren't spanish

Look at it this way: Pedrosa has a chance to win the title this year, more so now stoner has gone, and if he continues like this,maybe next year too.

Dovi isn't a race winner at this level, therefore has no realistic championship chance. Who would you sign?

I think Dani has underperformed a bit for Honda despite injuries but he keeps saving his job by pulling out a few good rides.

Your right about Hayden though, he really needs a change of machine.