Should I Buy An Ossa ?

stephen1967

Hi I currently have a 2011 Beta evo 250 and am considering replacing it with an Ossa. I am looking at 2011 and 2012 models, are there much differences between them ?. How reliable are the Ossa`s and what sort of regular maintainence do you have to do to them ?. I have read about the re-mapping that needs to be done, what other mods need to be done. ? . I know the bikes are light but how do they ride compared to a Beta ?. Hopefully help from forum members will point me in the right direction, many thanks.

Definately

I had a 2012 300 2t Evo and I swapped it for a 2012 Ossa, and I love it!

It's been the best bike I've ever had and I've had a few.

It is so easy to ride and very forgiving, especially for a wobbler like me. It's light and easy to move about and the suspension is awesome!

My bike has never missed a beat and starts everytime. I would not hesitate in getting another. Infact I've got my new one on order.

.Thanks for all your replies.I t seems as though people are favouring the 2012 model over the2011 .Has anybody owned the earlier model and how do they differ ?. As with the last post .- what does a 2012 go for now and .also the 2011 model ?.

Edited by stephen1967
  • Like 1

General opinion in West York's tips to "Would buy another" The majority are very reliable bikes. I have seen issues with the Gearbox but like the Gas Gas Pro's they don't like the lever being bashed. There have been one or two instances of the Box "locking" on a gear but again I have heard of other bikes doing that. Main thing most have found a bind is the Air filter. The 2013 one is supposedly a lot better. Only thing is that most are "clubman" bikes. Nobody who does the "hard" sections has really got hold of one yet and wrung it's neck.

I would say all bikes produced today are good bikes, try them all and go for the one that suit you best. The Ossa suits me well ( I have a 2011), bike has a fantastic suspension and so far it's shown good quality. If I could change anything it would be the clutch, I want more precise engagement. This has been addressed by Ossa and the newer clutch plates should be better I've heard. ( 2013 specs clutch is in the mail from my dealer, will write up a review once tested)