Gilles Burgat's Swm

b40rt

It's an Aprilia Climber bottom end with an air cooled barrel and head (apparently they will fit straight on !)

Bike is also using the swingarm from the Climber that is longer than the standard SWM unit and gets the wheel base back to normal after the front end was altered to suit the "modern" forks.

• Like 1

It's an Aprilia Climber bottom end with an air cooled barrel and head (apparently they will fit straight on !)

Bike is also using the swingarm from the Climber that is longer than the standard SWM unit and gets the wheel base back to normal after the front end was altered to suit the "modern" forks.

Hi Martin

Suspected that it was a Climber bottom end,got to be lots of those kicking about !

Electronic ignition, smaller flywheel, must transform the bike.

Ross

zisko62, in danger of getting into the "non-bike" conversation and apparently that's been banned !

Edited by b40rt

I had seen some vids with Burgat when he was at the trials at mount Ventoux in France.

There he rode his works bike from 1981. He might not be as cool when riding the worldcup

back then, (I've seen him onth 1981 worldcup in Gefrees). But he is still an extremly good rider,

So maybe there is an advantage of 5% or less when he is riding with that bike but do you really care?

Not me it's nice to see him riding and he is still narrative happy.

btw.:

His works bike was and is modyfied too:

- Betor forks, (when they still used Marzocchi, in Marzocchi forks),

- cut rear loop,

- different footrest position.

Edited by pschrauber
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

• 1 month later...