Team U S A Trial Des Nations Fund Raiser 2012

martin belair

51XiGn7MmjL.jpg

We (Team USA) are asking US clubs to support Team USA by buying a box of 45 Bernie Books. ...... The author Len Weed has had these stashed away in his storage locker for donkey's years... Everyone thought that this book was unavailable. Well here they are. After these are gone there are no more. Own a piece of history and a great learning tool. Bernie and Len did a great job of laying out the fundamentals of our sport....and the basics haven't changed. Timeless photos and great stories.

These books are NOS originals. There is some slight cover discoloration on some books due to storage. Otherwise they are like new. Many clubs have already steppped up and ordered a box. They make great year end awards or use them instead of spending $$ with the trophy man. All proceeds to directly to the US TdN rider fund. The TdN is September 29,30 in Switzerland

I would like to avoid selling one book at a time for now. If you want one please ask your club to buy a box. You can email me at martin@usmontesa.com

http://www.americanm...tition/TDN.aspx

Edited by martin belair
  • Like 1

So far, the response has been amazing. Thanks to WMTA Wyoming Trials club for their order. The Arizona club has doubled down and taken another box. Another gentleman who wishes to remain anonymous took a box of 45. Many clubs have inquired and if they all come through it will put a serious dent in this pile of boxes in my shop. Let's keep it going. 2 weeks to TdN.

I been asked many times how our team is funded. It's all from the US Trials community, the clubs and riders, doing fund raisers. It pure grass roots.

PS we will have TdN Team USA shirts available when we get back.

and, Andy thank you for letting set up shop in your house.

• 4 weeks later...

Our friends in Oklahoma http://www.neott.com/ stepped up and bought a box of Bernie. Thanks guys.

Martin,

Mike brought the books up to the Octobertest Trials site this afternoon and I'm going to get some of them for friends.

A lot of interest in the book here, I'd forgotten how good it was! We're using them as part of our awards this weekend and will use them for

part of the end-of-the-year awards. An excellent book to have and they make good awards for the clubs. I was really happy they became

available as I lost my copy in the move out here from California.

Thanks Martin!

Jon

Got mine last week! I had an original, but somewhere along the line I lost it! great pics for sure! I will be passing this one along to my son!

The pics and book have even more meaning for me now, as well after the book was produced, I got to spend alot of time with Bernie when we were both riding for TMI the Fantic importer when he came back to the US to ride the Nationals again and do his schools accross the country. A few of us were even luckier back in 87 to meet his family, and practise with Bernie one day in an area is SoCal that alot of the pictures were taken. We also got an up close tour of Answer products back then too. It was a great week back then!

Steve

Edited by steve fracy

Got mine last week! I had an original, but somewhere along the line I lost it! great pics for sure! I will be passing this one along to my son!

The pics and book have even more meaning for me now, as well after the book was produced, I got to spend alot of time with Bernie when we were both riding for TMI the Fantic importer when he came back to the US to ride the Nationals again and do his schools accross the country. A few of us were even luckier back in 87 to meet his family, and practise with Bernie one day in an area is SoCal that alot of the pictures were taken. We also got an up close tour of Answer products back then too. It was a great week back then!

Steve

I was able to buy several copies at our NEOTT Octobertest Trial for myself and some Trials friends in Brazil and Europe (they will be delighted). I was able to spend some time with it tonight and it brought back some great memories, like the World Round we put on in 1982 at Donner Ski Ranch in Northern California. The photos are terrific! When I was reading about Norm Saylor (mgr. of Donner) and "The System" he developed, it mentioned the first Trials school at Donner Ski Ranch in 1974. I was at that week-long school and it was probably the most enjoyable week I've ever spent. Up on my Trials trophy shelf somewhere is a small, insignificant looking trophy for the most improved rider at that school (I had a long way to improve, so no place to go but up....) and it means more to me than all the rest because it has such great memories attached.

Love the book.

Jon

• 11 years later...