Urgent Advice Needed

sparky8181

My friend bought a motorbike from a dealer Easy Tiger Motorcycles. The dealer described the Honda Pan European as minted , low mileage, never been damaged or being involved in an accident. My friend paid the £7500 but later found the bike was a Cat C . Now the dealer should be honest but it took my friend 2 years and 3 court cases to get his money back after eventually freezing his bank account .

The dealer should be honest but if you find the bike has been stolen you might have a long wait to get your cash back.

OUCH!!

Quick update..............

Got fed up of waiting for Tor Moto to get back to me with vin so spoke to Haven Trialsports and they confirmed supplying the bike and who they supplied it to (original owner who he knows personaly), Ive also spoke to the person who purchased it off the original owner and adventualy sold it to Tor moto and he confirmed that he had it powder coated to tidy it up and then rubbed it down so you could read the vin (which didnt work)

So the owner trail all seems to stack up and it looks like I was worrying about nothing, however I think you can never be too carefull when it comes to these sort of things

And on a positive note the fella at Haven was a complete star, really helpfull and full of advice on everything gas gas, he is going to find out the vin num for me from the original paperwork and then confirm it with my engine number, a complete breath of fresh air after dealing with that a**e @ Tor Moto Ltd

Thanks for all your advice guys, I really apreciate it :thumbup:

I'd write to Tor and explain what the final outcome is and that treating customers badly will only end up with him out of business. Dodgy gits only last so long before their market dries up or they annoy someone they really don't want too.

I bet this chap at Tor is always spouting off to his mates about how hard it is in his line of work. Things are often a lot easier if you are nice to customers and have a reputation of helpfulness and honesty.

It may have just been re powder coated or painted? The numbers might still be there but under a heavy coat of paint. Might be all very inocent and could still be legit so I wouldn't panick yet, if it's been painted over you could file the paint off to reveal the code. See if the engine number matches the reg documents as well.

Where's my medal.... ????

Happy for you that everything is ok chap, that could have turned out to be a right nightmare!