Beta Side Stand

levels

hi im new here and new to trials bikes! so this maybe a daft question!!

I have a beta rev 3 2001 and am trying to fit a side stand! i can't find anywhere to mount the bracket i can find 2 pre drilled holes on a curved section on the cross member casting joining both sides of the swing arms! but this bracket does not fit this, also how does the bracket attach to the stand??(any pictures anywhere)

I am thinking it must need a different stand bracket??

thanks in advance

matt

• 2 weeks later...

Levels - do you have a part number or company info for the stand you bought? I have the same bike and no stand.

Hi dirtsquirrel

sorry i dont have the part number and i think my bike as a later swing arm!! but i believe there are 2 types of bracket, one attaches to the side of the swing arm the other attaches on the curved section joining the two arms together!! you should have some pre drilled holes to locate! hope that makes sense

Hi dirtsquirrel

sorry i dont have the part number and i think my bike as a later swing arm!! but i believe there are 2 types of bracket, one attaches to the side of the swing arm the other attaches on the curved section joining the two arms together!! you should have some pre drilled holes to locate! hope that makes sense

Thanks anyway... I found two of the three parts with a local dealer and ordered the bracket, so all set now.

Hi dirtsquirrel

Ok, so I thought I was all set, until the bracket came. I cannot find anything on my bike that match this bracket. I'm not sure if it's even the right piece for this bike as the dealer shipped it without a part number attached. My bike does not even have the pre-drilled holes under the swing arm. I'm not sure what to do with it now...

Any suggestions??? Anyone???

So guess what. My 2000 beta rev3 doesn't even have the pre-drilled holes in the front of the swing arm. There is absolutely no place to attach this bracket (which, turns out, is for a newer beta). The parts diagram for the 2000 and the 2001 show exactly the same bracket AND part number. You can't tell what the bracket should really look like from that dinky little picture though. It probably doesn't match what I have here. Does anyone have a 2000 beta rev3 250 that has a kickstand on it? Can you let me know where it attaches and maybe post a pic of the bracket?