Sherco X-Ride

copemech

Does this thing look cool or what? It could be just the answer to what many have asked for. A flexable bike good for long distance trials, trails and single track that is not an overweight ill handling pig in the dirt like my Serow.

Road legal and ready for short jaunts too!

Listed at 204lbs, I can easily spot enough extras to get it below 200! :xmas:

post-36-0-61792700-1348371268_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

That would be a great commuter bike, running back and forth to work. If I was running late I could ride "straight" to work, through the fields, ditches, woods etc... Actually now that I think about it, I don't think I would cut any time off the ride to work that way. I think I would have too much fun and just not make it into work. Would have to get out the cell phone and call in "sick" :D

• Like 1

I have one on the way Cope... Make your way to the TI final event/banquet this year, and maybe you can even throw a leg over it! Wheeee, Christmas in October! :D

Hey,I'd sure jump on that offer if made to me...do you think you can register them? My KLX 250s feels like a damn Gold Wing to me on the trails.

Slight Hijack,but here's two 2013 290's delivered to their new owners in Indiana today,no action shots because I suck and was too intent on showing everyone around my practice area :blush:

DSCF0029_zps4c58e081.jpg

DSCF0028_zps2255b369.jpg

Rode one,everything gets just a bit better each year,Power on the 290 just keeps pulling forever! But very smooth and controllable down low. I'll get a chance on a 2013 250 soon,JimmyZ didn't have a chance to get his own prepped as he literally pulled them out of the container saturday.

The Yellow frame looks great,much better in person,kinda a safety yellow.

Edited by htrdoug

Brian,

You gotta keep us posted how that thing gets on!

Doug,

How did you feel about the 290? I did not get a chance to ride the '12 bike yet or the '13.

How does it compare with your pussycat bike! I kinda want another pussycat bike! Yet scarce!

Brian,

You gotta keep us posted how that thing gets on!

Doug,

How did you feel about the 290? I did not get a chance to ride the '12 bike yet or the '13.

How does it compare with your pussycat bike! I kinda want another pussycat bike! Yet scarce!

First off,I'm still a trials neo,but I can tell you the "13 felt smoother than the Smage practice bike I rode a few weeks before,and seemed to pull to the moon,almost like a powervalve bike except it had no step up in acceleration or exhaust noise.Down low it was very easy and controllable,not abruptness. I myself will be sticking with my 250,but it does make me curious about a Keihin carb as that could be the real source of the sweet running.Zuroske says he's always rejetted the Dellortos but this years Keihin seems right on the money. I really couldn't see anything I'd want to change on the new bikes,only adding in guards for the header and the forks,good,already has good,big footpegs and folding levers.

My bike IS a pussycat,she lets me twist her throttle and hear that intake moan without getting me into trouble,yet pulls me right up anything I have the sack to try,It's best after I've been playing around on my Fantic 309,which hits hard on bottom and absolutely jumps when you crank her in a kinda unsettling way.That make my Sherco feel tame and nice and controllable.After The Stoney Lonesome trial which I had lent my buddy Shane my 250 for(He immediately bought one of the above 2013 after the trial!) my 250 felt like a Nitro burning funny car as I had spent the weekend aboard my old TY350,now that's a culture shock jump right there,so much so I cleaned the TY up and am going to shuffle it off to a new owner :icon_salut: (Money for Blinging my 2011!)

JimmyZ will have his 250 together next time I ride with him,I'll take it for a spin and compare it to my 2011.He'll be riding it it the West Virginia T.I. event this coming weekend I'd bet,which I will be skipping,I'm planning on attending Gilbert Reeds last event of the year in Little Hocking,Ohio but I may get a chance on the 2013 250 before then.

It might be wise to stay off of a 2013 unless you have jingling pockets...

• 5 months later...

bump. This bike looks absolutely ideal on paper. Any real-world feedback would be great. I wish I had the chance to throw my leg over one. I've got a couple questions for those who have ridden these.

Is it more like a trials bike with a seat (like the Ossa Explorer), or is it more of a trail-bike with trials influences (like a KTM freeride 350)?

What's the suspension like? Trials suspension, or more of a trail suspension?

What's the gearing like? Big gap between 3rd and 4th?

Fuel range? How many miles can you get out of a tank?

THanks!

It is AWESOME! I love mine, it is a perfect "fun East Coast single track" bike. Rides like a trials bike with seat and tank - feels really light and nimble. Suspension is good for trail riding - wouldn't want to be hitting any doubles on it though! Still has the gap between 3rd and 4th, but it is manageable, and if you keep it wound up, you don't have to drop out of 4th "too" much. Haven't run the tank that low, but I'm guessing you can get at least 25-30 miles out of it if not more.

• Like 1

It is AWESOME! I love mine, it is a perfect "fun East Coast single track" bike. Rides like a trials bike with seat and tank - feels really light and nimble. Suspension is good for trail riding - wouldn't want to be hitting any doubles on it though! Still has the gap between 3rd and 4th, but it is manageable, and if you keep it wound up, you don't have to drop out of 4th "too" much. Haven't run the tank that low, but I'm guessing you can get at least 25-30 miles out of it if not more.

Think you can get a plate for it?