The Scott 2012 - Bike Prep

scott_king

Is there any chance of it being cancelled if the bad weather continues?

I was out on the fells yesterday (Wensleydale) trailriding and whilst there was plenty of water about (after thursday nights rain), conditions were ok

Let's see what this weeks weather brings

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bike is now all ready and so am I. Travelling up tomorrow during the day so hopefully no traffic.

I am really looking forward to the challenge and hopefully me and the bike wont fall apart. What has the weather actually been like around Richmond this week? BBC weather says it will be dry on saturday but not 100% convinced.

BTW does anybody have a postcode for the start field?

Cheers

Mostly fair Monday.

p****d down Tuesday most of the day.

p****d down Wednesday morning.

Mostly fair today but currently p***ing down.

Water levels in becks have varied most of the week but I don't thing there would have been a Trial had Tuesday been the big day.

Are you staying in town?

Edited by perce

Thanks for the interest guys. Sadly I did not finish, I ran out of time by petrol stop three. So I think roughly half way?

It was an amazing event organised by a amazing club. My ride didn't go entirely to plan, a few large crashes on the moors did not help matters. Simple fact is I could hold a good pace across the moors but struggled in the sections. I think I need to ride more on your rocks but I struggled to find grip and read the sections. I really struggled to get up the rock steps the most for some reason. I ended up dragging the bike through the sections rather than riding it, even go caught out a few time on the going. However I enjoyed every second of it and am still smiling about it. Fair play to the finishers and the boys who managed to do it in under 100 marks.

Will I be back??? I don't know to be honest. For me to achieve my goal I will have to ride in yorkshire a lot more to get more practise. I may wait a couple of years and get a couple of Reeth three days under my belt first. May invest in a 2 stroke instead to make life easier. Saying that though I cant knock the bike ran flawlessly and have come out unscathed. I will probably let my muscles rest and euphoria to dissipate before I decide when I will attempt it again.

Thanks for all the input guys!

I watched at Whaw and my impression was that riders were quite tired by then although it was only ablut 1/2 way round. I guess the soft going was making it tiring.

I am lucky I live only a few miles from the course and know it pretty well, it really must be tough for you riders who come from some way off to ride.

Cheers

I watched at Whaw and my impression was that riders were quite tired by then although it was only ablut 1/2 way round. I guess the soft going was making it tiring.

I am lucky I live only a few miles from the course and know it pretty well, it really must be tough for you riders who come from some way off to ride.

Cheers

Agree with that, the terrain is so unforgiving

Hi Perce - would I be right in thinking after Whaw riders went on to black Hills, Tottergill and Grand Canyon then Bypass on this years course before going over to Gunnerside then returning to Surrender.

Cheers

Almost right, we haven't used Totterghyll section for some time now, we only use Tank Trap which is in the bottom end of the wood.