Looks Like The End Of The Road......for Honda

rockyrider

Yamaha GP points leader Jorge Lorenzo appears to be in line for another Championship Title. Current Champion, Casey Stoner has not seemed to recover fully from that broken ankle accident, and perhaps he'd like to exit his active carreer entact to enjoy the rest of his life, no blame there. Honda's Dani Pedrosa, seems to be on a winning streak and is not likely to catch up to winning the top spot, being he is 28 points behind Jorge Lorenzo. My take on the last three races is: Lorenzo will be happy to accept 20 points for each of the last three races,(2nd place), rather than submit himself to risking danger for the 25 points given to first place. Can you see anything different happening?

Honda have said that they will sell a customer RCV in 2014, almost exactly the same as a works bike, bar a few little trick bits, for $1,000,000, (that'll be less than a second slower than the factory bike) but Dorna aren't interested. Honda have threatened to pull the plug on Moto GP, if standard ecu's are made compulsory, the riders want to ride prototype bikes, the public want to see the best riders riding prototype bikes, Dorna want to turn it into WSBK.

Jorge has been taken out by another rider and had a mechanical break down, so I don't think he's safe yet, Dani want a championship real bad and Casey will want a final win before going car racing. Then there's Cal, Dovi, Bradl and Alvaro who are all keen to get on the podium and, a win if there's any hint of a chance. If I was to bet on one man though, Jorge will be champ in 2012.

It is correct to say Honda have threatened to leave if a standard ecu is brought in but going to WSBK probably won't help now that Dorna has been given control of the class from next year.

It has been written that it doesn't make sense for the prototype class to have a standard ecu while the streetbike class has no limitations on theirs, I don't see Dorna letting that continue

It's turning into F1 where everything Is so closely "matched" between teams that there is going to be no room left for team input. As in F1 cars have so little margin for improvements/differences over the other teams that it got incredibly boring for a while.

I can kinda see why they do it to give the riders/drivers more of a chance of competition between themselves so it doesn't boil down to which team can afford the best technology, but its not like they can introduce a DRS system on bikes.

And let's face it the most exciting thing that's happened to F1 for a while was the introduction of DRS!

Before that the cars were so evenly matched that no-one could pass anyone and thus the ratings/viewers plummeted because it was simply boring to watch.

If they're not careful they're going to do the same thing to moto gp bikes!