Trials Nz / Cheap Bike

jeeves88

Hi

Most riders away at the NZ champs, way down south. It is a small sport in NZ. So you will be suprised at the cost of bikes. www.trademe.co.nz gives you a idea, just search trials. Nelson, Marlborough trials centre is the only shop, google it. Most importers do it out of there garage. www.ixion.org.nz is the club in wellington, Manawatu orion mcc www.momcc.co.nz is close to masterton. Riders travel a long way to ride compared to GB. Just remember our season is coming to a close, and not a lot on in January due to most being on the summer holidays. will you be on holiday, The riders from the ixion club are out most weekends.

Pete

They is no real trialling happeneing around Masterton but some of the Ixion & Manawatu riders do spend the odd weekend trail riding each year near Martinborough, a very social weekend that gives some really good riding on steep hill country. Unfortunately the date this year is likely to clash for me

Masterton is on the other side of the island to the Manawatu, about an hour from Palmerston North & is around the same from Wellington. I seem to remember the last guy I heard of who was from Masterton rode at Ixion events & may do still, haven't been able to do many of their events this year so I'm not sure he still rides

Look up the Ixion site & you'll find links to most of the importers, Kapiti Beta is based just north of Wellington & John will normally have a fairly good idea of which bikes are for sale privately which is likely to be the only way to get a cheap bike

Edited by tony27

No Idea on bikes right now.

Call John Lawton NZ Beta - in Kapiti, ask him about the Ixion Club or bikes.

For a bike try TradeMe website.

I live in Carterton nr Masterton now, but it will be a few months before I back into action, happy to help out with anything - call me +64 6 370 3709, Ralph