Acu Trials Registration At The Dirt Bike Show?

pete_scorpa3

According to the ACU's news release -

"The ACU will again be offering new and existing members of the ACU the opportunity to renew their licences Online in readiness for the 2013 season. This is the second year this service has been offered at the Show following its inaugural success last year."

Last year at least two of our club members got their Trials Registrations at the show and subsequently didn't join the club.

During 2012, the new online system has worked really well (for our club), however the ACU issuing 2013 licences (Trials Registrations) at the show undermines the unique code system that we are trying to adopt.

At this years show I enquired at the ACU stand about the club codes, I was told that riders were being given their licences but being asked to promise to join a club.

How can this happen? Either you need to join a club to get a licence or you don't!

Pete

Membership Secretary

Stratford-Upon-Avon MCC

absolutely right

of one reads back through directors minutes and/or national council minutes then you'll see that they had about 80 odd riders join the acu last year (???) without specifiying a club.

the argument they have ran before is that while at the show, you get a newbie come along, who want to "join up" there and then with cash in hand, you can't (realistically) say go away join a.n.other & DMCC then come back, especially with mcf, bsma, etc, etc stands next door.

as a club i don't like it - but i'm not sure there is a much better answer (as a close by club i can see how it hits you hard)

I have emailed the ACU and recieved a reply on this matter; I am assured that no licences (trials registrations) will be issued without an upto date club membership.

How can they possibly know who has an up-to-date membership with a club? I just joined South Shrop MCC and got their 'code' to go online to get a licence which I did, but if you know the 'code' then you can get one without them knowing. I like to be able to get the licence online - its a great feature but it doesn't not protect the clubs from getting member subscriptions.

All you can do is when you hold a trial,look at the ACU card and see what club they have registered with. If its your club check to see if they have paid their membership for the year and if not charge them. Cant see what else you can do ?

How can they possibly know who has an up-to-date membership with a club? I just joined South Shrop MCC and got their 'code' to go online to get a licence which I did, but if you know the 'code' then you can get one without them knowing. I like to be able to get the licence online - its a great feature but it doesn't not protect the clubs from getting member subscriptions.

All you can do is when you hold a trial,look at the ACU card and see what club they have registered with. If its your club check to see if they have paid their membership for the year and if not charge them. Cant see what else you can do ?

every code should be unique and used only once..............going to try now.

it worked last year and code was required, this year not but I haven't got the licence yet...............

I think you will receive the licence and it will have your last known club on it because I think what they are doing is if they have in their database a previous club registered against your name, they will use that on the licence card when you get it. This does not ensure you have paid the club the membership fee of course!

I personally think club membership fee's should be scrapped anyway.

Edited by atomant

If it didn't ask for a code then how does the ACU know you've joined a club? How can this be a big improvement?

If it didn't ask for a code then how does the ACU know you've joined a club? How can this be a big improvement?

1) They dont,because they didnt ask the question.

2) Its a big improvement because i usually have to join an ACU club at the start of a new year, (as a non licence holder,as the previous one has expired) get a secret code,and apply for a licence. This way,due to the ACU's incompetance, (or loophole,as you prefer to call it) i dont need to go begging for a secret code when i renew my club membership.

Edited by trickymicky

It's a bug I'm told and will be fixed!! Oh, then we get the guys on here who expect everything for nothing but still want to ride the clubs events without joining and paying!!!

If its me your referring to,i am a member of several ACU clubs this year,and will be again next year.

Who told you its a Bug?,because if they knew,the facility should have been shut down until it was resolved.