Ready To Trial Weight Of Repsol Replica 4Rt

ckm

• 2 years later...

Any one go from a (2011) 300 EVO 4t to a 07 Montesa 4rt?

Like the power of the 4t compared to the pipey 2t so want to stay that route. Use to the feel and weight of the EVO, just want something with FI.

Thanks

Tom

People who go on about the weight debate...eat less etc is a constant joke.

When a bike falls on you, gets stuck in a bog, needs picking up etc would you be happy to have to deal with a 100kg bike if you manage your own weight down to 10 stone say, or would you rather have to move about 30 kilos less whether you weigh 10 or 18 stones!!

So just think about it for a bit and stop being silly.

Weight can be advantageous in some areas and the absolute minimum in others.

Yes a bike gets covered in mud and all your precious weight saving goes down the pan, or does it?

10kilos of mud on say a gasser pro makes it weigh the same as a 4rt ish, and 10 kilos of **** on a 4rt makes it 86 kilos for example...Why would a lot of the pre 65 and twinshock guys go far to change the bikes and get them down to such low weights?

Btw, my 2002 Cota 315 weighs 68.1 kilos with half a tank of fuel :moon:

Edited by marky boy
  • Like 1

For anyone considering moving from a late model Beta 2T (or 4T), the weight is not your main issue. I find the amount of steering lock (or lack thereof) to be my biggest problem with the 4RT. The turning circle is considerably worse than a Beta and even my Gasser. Yes, I know I should learn to hop better but I'm an old dog and it would be so much easier just the steer the bike around.

Other than that, I love riding the Montesa. And, I agree, it certainly feels more rewarding at the end of a trial, and it's just plain fun everywhere else.

Chris.