Ready To Trial Weight Of Repsol Replica 4Rt

ckm

Does anyone know the ready to trial weight of the Montesa 4RT? Just weighed a 2011 Beta EVO and it actually weighed 73kg. Been previously put off by comments of Montesa's weight but now wondering there might not be as much difference as previously thought.

Im not sure where this 'weight' issue is going - but it always amazes me......

68kg 69kg .....world class

72kg...73kg...74kg........oh no, we need to shed some weight to be competitive.....

Drill holes, titanium everything, shave every ounce with engineering and money

Simple way to save 5kg ...stick a no entry sign on the fridge door and lock the biscuit tin ! (and you will find your bike lasts a lot longer)

cheers

John

Numbers do not matter. Go out and ride the bikes. You want the one you are most comfortable with, most importantly the one YOU have fun with. Personally I was tired of the 4rt in the first 15 minutes.

If you are a numbers man, buy a Gas Gas raga. But I would put the smile on your face as the biggest part of a sale!

this weighs 76.5 kg with a full tank of fuel. But as John b says, easiest way to loose weight, is, loose some weight :0).

23a732e6d392d9ad8b82e4e9bd66b6b1.jpg

Ckm, is that a EVO 4t or 2t?

It is a 250 2T with X Lite tyres and the lights, associated wiring removed. So it is a preconception that the differences are that great! That is a very nice looking bike. Time to give one a test ride i think. By the way, only weigh as much as your bike so ok in that area:-) Thanks for reply.

this weighs 76.5 kg with a full tank of fuel. But as John b says, easiest way to loose weight, is, loose some weight :0).

23a732e6d392d9ad8b82e4e9bd66b6b1.jpg

Ckm, is that a EVO 4t or 2t?

If the easiest way to loose weight, is, loose some (fat)weight, I would be 10kg lighter :-) It may be the cheapest way, but not the easyest! :blush:

All this obsession with weight is just nonsense in my opinion, admittedly i'm not the greatest rider, but I went from an 11 Raga to a new 4RT, so from the lightest to the heaviest and I can tell no difference at all. A friend of mine who rides the expert route jumped on mine and said the same. I'm sure a lot of people think if they have the lightest bike it's going to make them a better rider, well it doesn't i'm afraid. Like Ham said "they're all heavy when to have to push them"

• Like 1

I disagree, back in 06 I went from a 4rt to a 200 Rev 3 and when I was riding the bike the weight difference was not noticeable as the Monts carry their weight very well. However when I was pinned under the bike or literally dragging it through a section the Beta definitely felt lighter. Did it make me a better rider? No. It was easier to drag out of sections though. I used to enjoy riding the 4rt more though, much more rewarding for me when you get it right, and I have another one now which I got after having a 200 evo which was pretty light, but don't regret swapping back.

• Like 1

I disagree, back in 06 I went from a 4rt to a 200 Rev 3 and when I was riding the bike the weight difference was not noticeable as the Monts carry their weight very well. However when I was pinned under the bike or literally dragging it through a section the Beta definitely felt lighter. Did it make me a better rider? No. It was easier to drag out of sections though. I used to enjoy riding the 4rt more though, much more rewarding for me when you get it right, and I have another one now which I got after having a 200 evo which was pretty light, but don't regret swapping back.

Have to agree, I have ridden lighter bikes, but the 4RT is a very rewarding and enjoyable bike to ride.