Kx Clutch Cover On The Kawasaki Kt 250

chuckindenver

I have this type of KX 250 case on my Gollner KT, & it will fit no problem, without modifying anything other than the clutch cable. The best cover you can use is the KX420, as the clutch actuating arm is on the top of the case, and not the front, a common mod back in the day.

• Like 2

i milled off the pull back bar mounts, and installed higher mounts {husqvarna} so that the bars sit over the center nut, like a modern bike., moved my pegs back and down even with the bottom of the frame,

moved the lower shock perch back 2 inches,

im 6"2, and this along with 5" high bars, made the bike a lot nicer to ride on bigger stuff.

front springs were changed out to KTM Senior springs, they fit and work very well, after i took a couple inches off of them, better then a bushing in the old soft worn out springs,

KYB 15 inch shocks off a Fantic Pro that i scrapped, set on the soft setting, tires are IRC rear, and michellen front,

updated the levers with unbreakable ASVs. pricey, but sweet, bumbed the timing up a bit, makes it harder to start, but lots more ponies.

i milled off the pull back bar mounts, and installed higher mounts {husqvarna} so that the bars sit over the center nut, like a modern bike., moved my pegs back and down even with the bottom of the frame,

moved the lower shock perch back 2 inches,

im 6"2, and this along with 5" high bars, made the bike a lot nicer to ride on bigger stuff.

front springs were changed out to KTM Senior springs, they fit and work very well, after i took a couple inches off of them, better then a bushing in the old soft worn out springs,

KYB 15 inch shocks off a Fantic Pro that i scrapped, set on the soft setting, tires are IRC rear, and michellen front,

updated the levers with unbreakable ASVs. pricey, but sweet, bumbed the timing up a bit, makes it harder to start, but lots more ponies.

Pics of handlebars mounts in detail if you please,Kind Sir :icon_salut:

its a big pain in the rear end to post pics here, however, ill see what i can do, work load is a little heavy this week,

to explain it, once you mill or grind off the pull back mounts, youll see 2 holes that normally mount the headlight,

i over sized them, and you can use a number of mounts, from 7/8s to fat bar type, i used the Husky mounts, as i have a few sets from old projects.

use what i have rather then spend more money.

• 4 weeks later...

the KX400 side cover is the one with the lever on the top. i have a nice one on the way.

ill strip and polish the cover, as i dont like the black look.

after searching cables. the KT and the KX 400 share the same cable, ill find out soon enough.

also, picked up a KX steering head, to clean up the handle bar area, and get rid of the pulled back riser.

ill update as it gets done.

i looked into the 420, and other KDX side covers,..the KDX has a different cover all together, wont fit.

• 4 weeks later...