Gas Gas 1998 Running For First Time In 10 Years

shercoben12

hi guys

in july my dad and i purchased a gas gas tx270 1998 the owner had bought it new and used it every 1-2 months at clubman level. so nothing extreme! :)

anyway he stopped trials as he was too busy and stored it for 10 years whith the same fuel in! about 2 times a year he would start it and let it idle for a few minutes.

then shut it down.

when we got it would barely run. then other "projects" came up and so was left until mid august when we stripped the carb down and change the gearbox oil cleaned filter etc etc then put fresh fuel in started third kick.

so heres it running around for the first time in 10 years!

the bike is immaculate (no scratches/dents) and has nothing wrong and rides so smoothly.

enjoy

ben

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHLnbtgH7Cs

this was filmed in august

Edited by shercoben12

Lol sorry Ben..

It's just that I started reading what was an interesting story of the restoration / re birth of a bike and how great it looks etc, when I finished reading I couldn't wait to see the beast in all it's glory, but in the end all i got to see was a tip of a mudguard and a bit of your "ahem" helmet ;) .

Sorry I have a really dry sense of humor is all ???????