No Stop Rule

modifier

Brilliant video Martin. If the non stop haters bother to watch all the ingredients are there for a spectacular ride non stop over a lot of that terrain. I just wish people would get their head around the concept. It's all about the course setter rethinking what they lay out and stop taking the easy option. I've always believed as a course setter you should lay out sections that make riders think with their head not their balls.

• Like 1

So would, stop with a dab=5 points, make everone happy? I don't think it would be hard on observers. The benefit of the doubt goes to the rider so if the rider makes a good effort to keep moving, and doesn't roll backwards, it's just a dab. The stop and hop riders would just have to deal with their time limits, but if a foot comes off while they're stationary, they better let the clutch out.

• Like 1

So would, stop with a dab=5 points, make everone happy? I don't think it would be hard on observers. The benefit of the doubt goes to the rider so if the rider makes a good effort to keep moving, and doesn't roll backwards, it's just a dab. The stop and hop riders would just have to deal with their time limits, but if a foot comes off while they're stationary, they better let the clutch out.

that is stop with penelty...and thats how it should be..that, and timed in section.

• Like 1

that is stop with penelty...and thats how it should be..that, and timed in section.

I could go either way on time limit in a section at club level. Nationals and World Rounds Definitely section time limit.

(seems difficult for a single observer to watch rider and accurately keep track of time. May be difficult at club level)

In my opinion: Problem fixed and more focused on control of the machine which is what trials is all about.

I could go either way on time limit in a section at club level. Nationals and World Rounds Definitely section time limit.

(seems difficult for a single observer to watch rider and accurately keep track of time. May be difficult at club level)

In my opinion: Problem fixed and more focused on control of the machine which is what trials is all about.

I wouldn't expect time limits to be enforced at club level events. If a rider is planning on riding nationals, that rider needs to prepare him, or her, self for time limits.

At our clubs next annual meeeting I will propose, foot down and stopped=5. I think the result of such a rule in our club will be either an easing of section difficulty or some riders (myself included) moving down a class. I don't see that as a bad thing. A benefit would be quicker loop times and less time waiting to ride a section.

Edited by motovita

not hard to run time in a section, its already done at the national level, 2 checker at each section, as soon as axle is in, time starts, axel out, time ends.

you dont get out before the time is up...5.

2 checkers at each section is why I figured it would be difficult at club level. because it can be hard to even find enough checkers to have 1 at each section. But time limit at Nationals makes sense, Nationals are a step above club events and should be run as such. and should be able to get a minimum of 2 checkers per section (but probably still difficult to find them)

I wouldn't expect time limits to be enforced at club level events. If a rider is planning on riding nationals, that rider needs to prepare him, or her, self for time limits.

At our clubs next annual meeeting I will propose, foot down and stopped=5. I think the result of such a rule in our club will be either an easing of section difficulty or some riders (myself included) moving down a class. I don't see that as a bad thing. A benefit would be quicker loop times and less time waiting to ride a section.

Other benefit would be riders will learn how to ride better, because the stop and rest with foot down will be taken away.

This is why I like stop w/ foot down = 5

I watched an Expert rider stop at the bottom of a short, steep hill with big log at top. Put his foot down and proceed to discuss with someone outside the section what would be the best tactic to tackle the hill/log obstacle. This discussion lasted no less than 2.5 minutes. (we do not have a section time limit) I just found this to be absurd!

• Like 2

As it is a non issue at the moment, why are we worried?

We wish to make our opinions known before it becomes an issue. As many club level organizations tend to follow with "most" of the same rules as the NATC.

(Also gives me a platform to bitch. I am only happy if I have something to complain about :dummyspit: )

• Like 3

Thing is if you set a sensible time limit on a section which should be surely no longer than 20 secs max then you are effectively riding no stop anyway. Then again you could alternatively have very short sections say begins card 1 bike length a step and 1 bike length to end card and this would have to be for all sections otherwise a time limit cant be fair. Make for a pretty tight car park style course though :wall:

As it is a non issue at the moment, why are we worried?

Non issue? The biggest set of rule changes the sport has ever seen is coming. This is more than just No Stop........ Longer loops, bigger gas tanks, weight limits, cc limits and more. Having these discussions is a good thing.

Edited by martin belair
  • Like 3

I for one would be in favor of tweeks to the rules such as this one before tossing out the entire concept of stop allowed. Keeping it simple for the checkers is a must.

Here is what Adam R thinks of the idea.

https://www.youtube....d&v=Y1WCyVF-_2A

And great coverage of some observed trials. Imagine telling those guys they can't stop or reverse.

As Lineaway has said before " Ours' is a motorized sport"

Biketrial legend Ot Pi has stated that Biketrial needs to go to No Stop.

The place for Stop and Reverse is Indoor X Trial.

Edited by martin belair
  • Like 2

This does not make it any easier to check. The Observer still has to make the STOP call.

• Like 2