No Stop Rule

modifier

Having beautiful scenic "burns" and being able to ride in them are two different things. I doubt that an event as highly publisized and famous as the SSDT would be able to run anywhere in North America in stream beads, without any kind of protests.

Case point ... The Mint 400 , The Barstow to Vegas ... Great Desert races , But I do believe they don't exist anymore do to land use issues ...

Glenn

Well i must admit i'm gobsmacked. I dont know what the "land issues" are but i always thought you guys could raom as far as the eye can see. Home home on the range and all that. Makes me view the "issue" of stop non stop in a different light. I just assumed trying to find land and keep it was more of a British thing what with us being such a small island with 68 million plus peeps. Sounds like the NIMBY phenomina isnt just confined to our side of the pond.

Makes you put the stop no stop arguement into perspective because it will be access to land that will kill off the sport not fiddling with the rules at the end of the day IMHO.

• Like 1

Well i must admit i'm gobsmacked. I dont know what the "land issues" are but i always thought you guys could raom as far as the eye can see. Home home on the range and all that. Makes me view the "issue" of stop non stop in a different light. I just assumed trying to find land and keep it was more of a British thing what with us being such a small island with 68 million plus peeps. Sounds like the NIMBY phenomina isnt just confined to our side of the pond.

Makes you put the stop no stop arguement into perspective because it will be access to land that will kill off the sport not fiddling with the rules at the end of the day IMHO.

It hurts us all ...our government is always declaring Barron unused land as "wilderness areas" As in you can't even ride your horse there ...! And then we've got the hard core greenies doing everything they can to stop us from using the land we've already been given rights to access ...

And your not mistaken , there are places in our landscape where you can look 360 degrees around with binoculars and not see any signs of the human race ... But don't think you can operate any motorized vehicle on the space .!

Even our national enduro series has become a 3 or 4 lap motocross race around a 15 to 30 mile loop , instead of the stay on your minute 200 mile event , with every mile new to you ... that I used to ride as a youngster ... What is killing our sport is twofold , At the clublevel it's not dramatic aka supercross style , and at the world level , even us seasoned long time trials guys go "WTF ! how did he do that !!!" It was supposed to be the sport of the future in the mid/late 70's , But then the crash and burn high speed danger of motocross overpowered our best efforts to gain awareness ...

Going fast is easy , Going slow is HARD !!!

enough of a rant for today ....

Glenn

• Like 3

Well Glen WE got lucky with our newest member of the Mountain West Vintage Trials Association. After our Dolores 2 Day last year using town land Casey said he had some land we could use. He has a rock and grading company right here in town. I assumed he had a few acres around his house and we would lay out some sections for his kids. He took me out to view his land ALL 230 acres of it slab dab in the middle of town. Riverbeds, cliffs, rocks loose dirt the whole spectrum!!! You could use it for Vintage pleasure which we will be doing in August for the ITSA National, Club, National or even World rounds........ and all within 1 mile of my house........ currently under snow but its good, very good and FREE. Everything inside the red lines are his and he wants us to use it for TRIALS

Tony

post-4447-0-27724900-1362962650_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I don't believe non-stop will help, keep it simple for the observers whom ever they are, I don't believe that any sport will ever benefit from eliminating skill(s), interesting on the mention of minimum seat height and weight, I'm all for seeing the trial bikes become more versatile and main stream, that might sell more bikes, I think all manufacturers want that. I'm more than willing to see how it goes this year with non-stop, I had a good laugh about the FIM no - stop video showing what is acceptable and not acceptable, I'm pretty sure I saw stops on the "FIM acceptable" rides, or at least they were debatable.

Oh yeah, have to mention this, I have many people ride at my practice area plus I do train new trial riders and I provide rental trial bikes and one of the more common positive observations from new interested riders is how cool it is to see trial riders balance. This is one of the first skills and techniques they want to learn. @#$%^ - (So I know!!!!!!, let's eliminate this technique and skill - lol)

• Like 1

I don't believe non-stop will help, keep it simple for the observers whom ever they are, I don't believe that any sport will ever benefit from eliminating skill(s), interesting on the mention of minimum seat height and weight, I'm all for seeing the trial bikes become more versatile and main stream, that might sell more bikes, I think all manufacturers want that. I'm more than willing to see how it goes this year with non-stop, I had a good laugh about the FIM no - stop video showing what is acceptable and not acceptable, I'm pretty sure I saw stops on the "FIM acceptable" rides, or at least they were debatable.

Oh yeah, have to mention this, I have many people ride at my practice area plus I do train new trial riders and I provide rental trial bikes and one of the more common positive observations from new interested riders is how cool it is to see trial riders balance. This is one of the first skills and techniques they want to learn. @#$%^ - (So I know!!!!!!, let's eliminate this technique and skill - lol)

C2A9_ossa_explorer-004.jpg

gasgaspampera1254tasien.jpg

beta-alp-200-06.jpg