No Stop Rule

modifier

marker 5s...yikes, im the king of em..well see how this plays out,

in Cali, i cleaned a tough section, got the crowd clapping,i was jazzed....only to get the you touched that split card...sorry..heres your 5..

got 3 card 5s on Sat,..not a one on Sunday..and none in Co...guess i learned lol.

one of the issues was that they didnt set the splits correctly, and more then a few riders brushed them.. in Co, they did a better job on most the sections..i think i only dropped 8 or 9 points on Sat in Co..

too many pro riders are against the no stop rule hear..will see i guess.

A world wide one rule fit's all is never going to happen, why can't we except that and move on to what works for your own area. People are way too worried about what rules the champs ride and think all should follow.

Truth is at top level they are going to try and do what is best for them, sad thing is they arn't doing too well at it are they?.

I can't say what would work for trials at the top level but it doesn't have any concern to what I do, so why even give it another thought, on the other hand the local club is running events that for the most part keep the sport fun for the majority of it's members, we may not have the fairest scoring rules in the world or the most spectacular sections, but if the members can go home after a day or weekend and say "I had a good time with my mates" isn't that all that matters.

• Like 6

A world wide one rule fit's all is never going to happen, why can't we except that and move on to what works for your own area. People are way too worried about what rules the champs ride and think all should follow.

Truth is at top level they are going to try and do what is best for them, sad thing is they arn't doing too well at it are they?.

I can't say what would work for trials at the top level but it doesn't have any concern to what I do, so why even give it another thought, on the other hand the local club is running events that for the most part keep the sport fun for the majority of it's members, we may not have the fairest scoring rules in the world or the most spectacular sections, but if the members can go home after a day or weekend and say "I had a good time with my mates" isn't that all that matters.

:agreed: spot on :icon_salut:

though i agree....if your club hosts a NATC national event, it will be abserving the rules set by NATC or at least should be,

it make it easier for the checkers to score during the Nationals.

the No stop wont effect the way i ride, as i try and ride that way anyway.

however, i am our club and the ITSA clubs EMT for events on public land.. and id rather have em ride out. then pack em out any day.

the only real issue i have with No Stop is rider safety, if you have Pro level riders in your club, youv seen the crazy stuff they can ride, and most of the crazy stuff needs to be set up for,

like Adam says, younger riders will hurry through it, and make mistakes..a 20 foot drop is a big mistake, with a 160LB motorcycle following you to the ground.

in the past 3 years, iv delt with 2 femure fractures, a hip fracture, and a bee sting reaction, and non were advanced riders,. one of the Smage bothers broke his foot last year, i was a section ahead of him, and by the time i got back to that section he was being taken out on an ATV with help of the other EMT..

rider safety is the first thing on my mind, having fun is second...winning is way down the list.. NO Stop is No Beuno....

• Like 1

if you click on a the others that look like that, you see Keith, Baily, and Dusty all try this big splatter, they all stop and set up, and still dont make it..Dusty stops and clears his engine, sets up, and doesnt make it...i saw bigger stuff at the Nationals last year,..

That would be a scary few seconds coming back down. It still can be done "No Stop"..........just would need an aircraft runway length of run up to get ready for it. :wall:

On a different rule: "crossing your own path". So if you launch over your path it is not "crossing your path"? at least that is what the video appears he is doing :huh:

everytime i see him ride, he suprises me, i remember a 20 foot gap, he shot accross from a stand still once, he was having an issue with an off camber, and asked,,,can i just go straight over that gap..i thought sure,,,you go right ahead he he,,,kid zapped right over it...he has some skill no doubt, and a good guy as well.

• Like 1

Big Al, told me he set that section to uncleanable, and to challenge those guys,,Keith almost got it done. Shad said...no thanks lol.

i was at the section just below this rock. the guy taking the video was standing right behind me.

FYI: we may take that line at Turkey Rock going down for the vintage expert line...lol

Edited by chuckindenver

hey i gotta get em worked up... just to the right of were Keith starts is a great upper vintage section, it was set as an advance section for that trial,

a little tape majic and shes a expert vintage line.

just accross from that section is a great B and C line section,,.awesome off camber turn..looks harder then it is.

hey i gotta get em worked up... just to the right of were Keith starts is a great upper vintage section, it was set as an advance section for that trial,

a little tape majic and shes a expert vintage line.

just accross from that section is a great B and C line section,,.awesome off camber turn..looks harder then it is.

:icon_salut: Looking forward to the May trials!!! :bouncy: