Ty250A Vs Ossa Mar

scot taco

• 3 years later...
On 1/26/2013 at 10:09 PM, lineaway said:

The picture of the Ossa is great. You guys are gettin` old, all I see are tan lines in just the right places! Did someone mention a ty?

I'm a very safety-conscious person, but I totally missed the big toe/kickstand mishap-waiting-to-happen.

I blame "side-beaver...."

• Like 1

On ‎24‎/‎01‎/‎2013 at 10:55 AM, old trials fanatic said:

midTeversal always was a horrible bog hole of a place. Knew Pete, Thomas and Nick very well after school and every weekend we all used to ride on the old tip at Sawley firstly on old road bikes then Trials bikes which led us into competition eventually. Those first TY A models were a revelation at the time. I couldnt believe what a step forward they were over what we had. However i've always had a soft spot for the MAR possibly as i've known Mick since the late 60's and had Chris Millners old Pennine which even with Micks help never got on with. Way too much of a monster that bike plus with all that fibreglass was BIG. When the MAR came along it was a revelation although i dearly would have loved Micks prototype OSSA which was a dream bike. They are both good bikes and i suppose it boils down to emotion at the end of the day.

Sawley tip, now there's a place I haven't heard of in years. I live in Sawley and learnt to ride bikes on there in the mid 70s

First bike I ever had a go on was a MAR250 a mate paul tivey had, so still have a soft spot for the OSSA.

every Saturday n Sunday all day we would be on there.

come the 6 weeks school hols, it would be 7 days aweek lol

great times, a sad day when it ended up a golf course .

The 2 guys I hung around with most back then was Paul Tivey and Mick Extance

Riding their bikes, OSSA/Bultaco and TY175's back then, is the reason I decided last year to get a twinshock and start doing some trials.

something I should have done back then, but at least I'm doing it now, instead of never. 

Edited by shakennstirred