Do Your Arms Ache?

lee99780

you're a retard!............... Just like me lol,

I believe the more you ride and the better you become, the easier you are on your arms/wrists/hands.

Personally though I have been struggling for years with really bad fatigue in my hands and forearms. This can get so bad that I can no longer hold on to the bike or pull in the clutch/brake, which gets very dangerous. It has improved as my riding has gotten a little better, however after 10 plus years of struggling I have been diagnosed with carpal tunnel in both wrists and am awaiting surgery.

Is this is the reason for my aching hands/forearms? I dont know, but I'm really hoping..........I'll let you know

Good luck and just keep riding

I had two problems when riding. Wrist pain and "arm pump"

Arm Pump for me would be when my hands, wrists, and forearms would feel "thick" and would lose strength. I would not be able to pull in levers and my fingers would lock around the grips. Many riders eat bananas while riding or take a bunch of potassium supplement pills. I finally decided to just take a single potassium supplement pill every day and keep the level "up" at a certain level at all times, this seems to have taken care of the arm pump.

Wrist Pain: My handlebars were too wide. Not very much too wide though. I trimmed my bars down so that when I am on the bike there is a straight line from my forearm through my wrist into my hands. When the bars were too wide my wrist would point to the outside of the bars and my hand would point to the inside of the bars. If the bars are too narrow the wrist would point to the inside of the bars and the hands would point to the outside of the bars. Try laying your hands on the bars and move them in and out on the bars while keeping your hands in a position to hold the bars and see what your wrist does.

If none of these are the problem then maybe you just need to Keep Riding and your endurance will get better.

• Like 1

To improve forearm strength: try fixing some rope to a broom handle, tie the other end to a half brick or similar. Stand holding broom handle horizontally in front of you and wind the weight up to the point where it touches the broomstick using a twistgrip action with both hands, then slowly lower to the floor. Repeat for 15 minutes daily and you'll soon find a difference in your wrist/arm staying power.

Get on the rowing machine at the gym and ride using your legs more. Hands should be very light on the bars when riding normally. It's mostly lack of fitness and stress (holding on too tight/though you may not be aware of it) that causes arm pump. For most people simply time on bike sorts it out. :)

It's pretty easy to get arm pump, I notice my breathing, my heart rate and general stress level change the second I enter a section

If I ever figure out how to breath in a section I will try and focus on my grip LOL

All kidding aside, bigger diameter grips are good for me, I get tired hands with the skinny renthal grips

I look for big cushy grips, have used street grips in the past

It's pretty easy to get arm pump, I notice my breathing, my heart rate and general stress level change the second I enter a section

If I ever figure out how to breath in a section I will try and focus on my grip LOL

All kidding aside, bigger diameter grips are good for me, I get tired hands with the skinny renthal grips

I look for big cushy grips, have used street grips in the past

This all becomes much easier when one gives up hope, and rides for fun!

Hi,again, I should have mentioned this only happens for the 1st 20 minutes or so while I go for a blast warming up. Maybe I just get used to it?

I've got Renthal fat bars on, 13 stone and 5ft 10, I'm gonna try rotate them back a bit this weekend