What Size Engined Bike To Buy?

chris falcon

Hi Guys, I would appreciate any advice given on this subject.

I am giving serious thought to buying a Jotagas, my currant bike is Gas Gas txt pro 300.

What is the power ratio like for different size engines available in comparison to the Gasser, my 300 had to be tamed quite a lot for me to handle.

Many thanks

Chris

More than half the riders out their are over cc'd with their bike, a 200cc would be ample, you just might have to wait a while till they make one, try a 200 evo, I think you will be suprised

Thanks for the reply, I would be interested in trying the Beta but my 1st bike was an 03 rev3 and I did not like it at all.

Chris

Hi Chris

Ive got a 300 Jotagas 2013 and absolutely love it.Im a novice /intermediate rider down south. I would be a novice up your way where trials are a bit harder. The Jotagas power is very very soft. Ive ridden a Gasser 300 and the Jotagas is much softer. It grips so well as it isn't over powered. Id say the 300 Gasser is a quicker with more aggressive power. Superb in the right hands but more power. The Jotagas handles really well and the suspension is brilliant. Im 13.5 stone and glad i went for the 300. The 250 would have probably been fine as well. Hope this helps. Cheers James

Hi Chris

Ive got a 300 Jotagas 2013 and absolutely love it.Im a novice /intermediate rider down south. I would be a novice up your way where trials are a bit harder. The Jotagas power is very very soft. Ive ridden a Gasser 300 and the Jotagas is much softer. It grips so well as it isn't over powered. Id say the 300 Gasser is a quicker with more aggressive power. Superb in the right hands but more power. The Jotagas handles really well and the suspension is brilliant. Im 13.5 stone and glad i went for the 300. The 250 would have probably been fine as well. Hope this helps. Cheers James

Thanks for that James, it is as I imagined and from hearing from one or two that have riden a Jotagas.

I have a 9 front sprocket and a 42 rear on my 300 and am thinking of changing that to a 44, I also fitted a head spacer to cool it a little more.

I love the bike but I get the feeling when riding it, that it could take me in to a whole lot of trouble in an instant : )

I will try to get a ride on a Jatagas in the near future, I just love the look of them for sure..

Chris

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...