Tyres From Autojumble

shercosi

Went to rufourth autojumble nr york yesterday and there was one guy selling trials stuff and he had a large stack of michelin trials tyres front and rears which he was knockin out for £45 for front and £65 for rear. now my question is these tyres looked new but doggy some how i.e. they had moulding imperfections not been trimed properly etc, has anyone brought any of these and are they ok

If they were kosher he would be making very little if any profit which after all is why he is supposed to be there. Sounds a bit dodgy to me after all these sort of events are the same as car boot sales selling pirate DVD and CD's. Thing is with tyres they all look the same and you see people twisting knobles like they know what they are doing but believe me there are tyres that look like trials tyres and there are Trials tyres. Normally in life you get what you pay for and thats no more true than with tyres.

If you just want to improve the price you will get selling your old nail on flea bay, i'm not saying thats you BTW, then i suppose theres a case for it but without trying them out you will never know till you do and after all they are not that much cheaper than the real thing. Mark up on tyres is bu66er all but you sell them hoping the customer will buy something else at the same time.

Cavieat Emptor :popcorn:

When you say there were "doggy", did they have dog turds already fitted? :rolleyes:

thanks for pointin out my spelling mistake 250

when i say they looked dodgy it was like the moulding excess had not been trimed back properly so that made me suspucious

Maybe from a cost point of view he was buying in bulk because he had about 15 tubed fronts and about the same in tubless rears

probably tube type

still very cheap, almost cost, if tube type. As per my previous post re car boots and copied DVD / Cd's perhaps somebody has taken a mould off Michelin's and remoulded some cheepo copies as in lookalikes? Look i dont know but i can tell you at that price if they are genuine there is NO PROFIT so why would you "sell" ?

As i said before same as with counterfeit DVD's cavieat emptor.

Edited by old trials fanatic

• 2 weeks later...

its conceivable they are kosher but with VAT, the margin would be infinitesimal

you can't enforce RRPs anymore, so if someone wanted to they could

my source in the tyre would does enquire, has anyone looked at the date codes on these tyres ??? all tyre come with a code on the sidewall which tells you year and week of production.