Sections...?

axulsuv

Hey all ;

I've got a chance to buy a real clean ,low hours 97 section for a reasonable price ... Are they worth the effort or should I just keep to my TS Fantics. I've been thinking of polishing the frame and running minimal plastic for a unique twist , (and to save all the nice oe. plastic ... ) Did they work well ???

Glenn

I had a Fantic Section for a couple years. can't remember if it was the 97 or not. Mine was Black and a little bit of orange with the Cro-Mo frame. It did the job quite well for me as an upgrade from a Honda TLR200 Reflex. I did not really have any mechanical issues with it.

Did have to have the frame welded at the swing arm pivot area, both sides. was cracked when I got it.

Hydraulic clutch line was a plastic line with compression fittings at the master cylinder. It worked but just didn't seem really robust.

I smashed the clutch cover on a rock and lost the majority of my transmission fluid in an event, finished that loop and topped off the transmission and went out for another loop. Transmission and clutch survived just fine.

All in all it was a good bike, just be careful of the forward kick..............don't slip, hurts like the dickens.

Thanks , ZIPPY , And I get along great with my forward kickers ... More than once I've stalled in a section and saved it because of the forward kick , restarting without a dab . But I did stop , so by todays rules I would have 5'ved !!!!

Glenn

• Like 1

Thanks , ZIPPY , And I get along great with my forward kickers ... More than once I've stalled in a section and saved it because of the forward kick , restarting without a dab . But I did stop , so by todays rules I would have 5'ved !!!!

Glenn

I think the forward kickers are safer once they get some wear and tilt away from horizontal,got a wild hair once and took a spare I had and welded up a stop so it would tilt back upwards toward me to brace it against my foot better,when it reached the bottom of it's stroke it would fold up everytime and slip from under my boot and swing up and stab me,had to grind the weld back.

post-1232-0-88885700-1362138803_thumb.jpgIt would be this one here ... And from photos I've seen The Costa Looks to be a streamlined 97 Section ....

Is there a reason why you are hesitating???? :stoned: fook,I'd buy that to just look at...

Edited by htrdoug

I could never ride that, might ruin it! Just give it to Ryan to hang on the wall of shame and be done with it! Go buy a real bike!

Mark ... I just have to have it to complete my Fantic collection ! And I'll post photo's of it as my build progresses , it may end up as sweet as my 240 !

Now to find a manual for it ... any ideas ? Anyone !!!

Glenn

Glenn,

Could you snap a pic of the shifter tip and either email it to me or post it here? I scored a alloy shifter cheap off ebay a while back and it doesn't have a tip,would like to see how Fantic originally did the spring before fabbing something up.(try not to swipe the alloy kicker and shifter to put them on your 240)

BTW,Awesome purchase(Awesome appropriately used here!)

Ridden it yet? If it hits like my 309 watch out! Only bike I ever had to put a slow turn throttle on! I'd REALLY fear the 309 with a 28mm Keihin!!!

Edited by htrdoug