Sections...?

axulsuv

I don't have one of those fancy schmancy parts washer things.......yet. :D

Now how do I convince the wifey that it is a sound investment?

Clean your chain in the kitchen sink a few times, she will buy you one.

(or divorce you)

Edited by b40rt
  • Like 1

OK .. 1/2 a hour on the bike and the mods begin ... Replace cracked , dry brittle rear disc guard with a hand made aluminum piece ...

And do you guys think I would be insane if I got my neighbor/buddy/fabricator to build me a aluminum flat tank to fill the void of the stock plastic tank ?

It would help make it the trials bike it would have been , if Fantic had survived a few more years ...

post-1232-0-71082100-1365286833_thumb.jpg

post-1232-0-94553300-1365286894_thumb.jpg

post-1232-0-85869300-1365286962_thumb.jpg

And yeah I still have to clean my shop , but the Miata pieces are at work ! :)

And did you notice how gasgas is copying Fantic with the in board chain adjuster ??? who da thunk it ...

Edited by axulsuv

UMMM ...

It will save money on brake cleaner ? And you only have to buy the machine once . You may change the solvent annually depending on the amount of use . And you can get a cheap one at harbor freight or northern tool that will do the job just fine for home use. .... ??? It will cut down on the time you spend cleaning things , so you can spend more time with her !!!

That's all I got :)

I will give it a try........don't look goo though. HA!

Clean your chain in the kitchen sink a few times, she will buy you one.

(or divorce you)

I was thinking of maybe buying her a dishwashing machine.... and then fill it with many parts, chain, sprockets, engine cases etc... Think it would have the same effect?

I do like the inboard chain adjusters. keeps them from getting knackered.

:( :( :( First dilemma .... Changed out the foot pegs last nite to find that one of the allen bolts had been changed to a sae bolt ! I was making use of the mass quantity of stainless hardware I've got in bins , to find that one of the bolts has been replaced with a force fitted SAE bolt !!! Now do I tap it back to the correct thread ? or do I drill it and put a heli coil into the cast aluminum frame piece ? WE are after the best repair here ....

Or just retap it and see if the is enough material to do the job ?

And my fabricator told me tonight to get a flush gas cap and he will do a one of a kind tank ..... :) PIMPING !!!!

Edited by axulsuv

Are you talking about the bolt that holds the peg in the bracket? Or bolts that hold the bracket to the frame?

If it is the latter and you are not concerned with it looking "totally factory/restored", after retapping to correct threads, is there enough clearence between the frame and the swingarm to put in a slightly longer bolt with a thin nut?

If you want it to be back to factory/restored looking I think maybe the helicoil would provide a more "positive" attachment. You know the whole thread surfaces and proper amount of material and all that. (but I may be wrong...............it has happened before, just ask my wife! )

I assume you mean Time-Sert and not Helicoil Glenn :icon_salut:

BTW,I've already been chastised by someone we know for fabbing a aluminum shark fin on my 309,probably best to have a flexible one that won't get bent into the disc and stay there.

The fin is more of a kickstand stop/rest , stand wants a new bushing ... And I've got nut-serts , time-serts and heli-coils . , Will decide witch will be most apropiate for the application .... And it's a upper bracket mount bolt , Tapping and loctite may be all that is needed ... If it will take the sufficient tightening torque all will be good , if not we move on to further measures . It's not like it gets serviced/removed all to often !

And Classic Trial is sending me a flush mount gas cap ... :) !!!:) Pimp it Booyy !!!

• Like 1

WELL ... the cast aluminum piece were the bolt attached was about 3/4 of a inch thick , and comparing the correct bolt from the right side to the wrong bolt on the left , I found they used a 1/4 inch shorter bolt , so I ran a tap down the hole from the back side and all is good with a little loctite ...

Got to get one bracket though , as the one with the bolt issue is bent down and back a bit ... Shimmed it for now , but ...

Glenn

And I've got to dremel a little on the new! pegs !!! my moto cinch anchors/tiedowns are about a 32nd from the pin going thru the pegs ....

to secure the bike to trailer ... I hate tie downstraps !!!

Edited by axulsuv
  • Like 1

I've got a new RED front disc guard on the way to replace the UGLY green/yellow one ... I KNOW ,GET YOUR Priorities STRAIGHT !!!

And the Trick gas cap and mount flange arrived today ... Off to the english wheel we go ....

• 4 weeks later...

Well today in prep for going to Tenn. I gutted whatever wiring I could off the section without bike disasembly . It all still works as it should , so I'll sanitize it all when I take her apart . And the horn is now off the bike ! :)

I'm bringing all my bikes for the ITSA show tent at the world round , although I'll use my ever-faithful 240 to get me to and from the section I will be observing at . I can't wait to get there !

Glenn

Edited by axulsuv