Sections...?

axulsuv

I'll get a shot of the shifter asap , Same one as I put on the 240 ...

Yeah I rode it a little before handing over cash ... Must have a flywheel weight , idles low and clean , will hurt your elbows when it comes on to it's powerband ... But pretty smooth overall . Needs fork seals a year ago , and got to put a working kill switch on it ! It is really hard to make it stall ...

Mike @ the trials shop just told me he has anything and everything I may want for the new girl ... I'm just gonna make it new before I start using it .

Everything but the rear tire and all the brake pads look to be OE.

PS. Mike may have the shifter you want , no fab needed !

Glenn

Ok figured out the kill switch , got to run to the local bike shop and get a new switch ... I can eliminate a bunch of wires too..Got some real weird $hit in the rad ... Got to replace the hoses just cause, and will most likely do the WP. at the same time just so I know . No H20 in the crank case so I am happy there ...But the fan works and the motor doesn't make any strange sounds , so I'm happy with the buy ... And it's got a big ole weight bolted to the flywheel ... I wonder if it will fit on the Pipey 240 !!...

Edited by axulsuv

I have the shifter,just came with no tip,was super cheap if I remember.

Dammit,you're making me want a Section...

Doug,

I have seen the knurled end about an inch long which was cut off handlebars for a kid, then pressed onto the nub of a shift lever with no tip.

Worked just fine for Ronnie Commo! Got any old bars?

Did you buy it from the guy in Gadsden, AL? If so, how much? Without seeing a photo, I offered him $800 and he passed. I paid $760 for my 95 Section that didn't look as nice. The shock was toast and I replaced it with a brand new one made for a 90's Gas Gas. Now I need to figure out how to replace the heim joints they use in the linkage.

My 89 Fantic had cracks on the frame and so does the 95. The aluminum frames are known for cracking.

Even with the flywheel weight removed the power delivery is way mellower than my 2007 GG 250. The power valve doesn't seem to do anything.

I had an overheating problem that took a while to figure out. The intake side hose on the water pump was so soft it would suck itself closed.

Doug,

I have seen the knurled end about an inch long which was cut off handlebars for a kid, then pressed onto the nub of a shift lever with no tip.

Worked just fine for Ronnie Commo! Got any old bars?

I really think it justifies buying a 3 in1 Mill-Drill-Lathe to fabricate one :P

• Like 2

Did you buy it from the guy in Gadsden, AL? If so, how much? Without seeing a photo, I offered him $800 and he passed. I paid $760 for my 95 Section that didn't look as nice. The shock was toast and I replaced it with a brand new one made for a 90's Gas Gas. Now I need to figure out how to replace the heim joints they use in the linkage.

My 89 Fantic had cracks on the frame and so does the 95. The aluminum frames are known for cracking.

Even with the flywheel weight removed the power delivery is way mellower than my 2007 GG 250. The power valve doesn't seem to do anything.

I had an overheating problem that took a while to figure out. The intake side hose on the water pump was so soft it would suck itself closed.

From what I've found out , Check all the motor mount bolts pre ride every time and then no frame issues... Yes I got it from Jim in AL. After seeing, riding and checking it out as thoroughly as I could in his yard I parted with 30 fifty dollar bills . By all appearances so far and at the time of purchase ,

The bike needs fork seals (real easy on the paolis!!:) a kill switch (I did that yesterday) rear wheel brgs. And the cooling system cleaned out , strange substance in the in frame coolant tank... Looks like someone put oil into tank ? thinking it had injection ? Time will tell...

Go to VXB bearings online , if you've got the dimensions , they've got any type of bearing or heim you could want !

And does anybody know what all the dampening knobs on the forks and shock adjust ? aka which is what ?

Thanks ,

Glenn

(and yes it hurt to part with that much cash , but I feel I got what I paid for )

I really think it justifies buying a 3 in1 Mill-Drill-Lathe to fabricate one :P

I have a bud with one, he is a retired machenist, says it is a POS!

I know where there are "ends" but no springs. Even the ends are expensive.

And btw, what I was really interisted about your carb is if Jimmy had modded the slide profile. He knows how to do that type stuff!

Pics of the bike look good!

Later,

MC

post-1232-0-02396600-1362846864_thumb.jpgYes it's a phbl 26 or 28 , can't see the size clearly with it on the bike ... And Doug here's a photo of the shifter on my 240 , the section one is the same ,only aluminum. I didn't go to NC for school due to a rough week @ work (old and real sore...!) So I'm gonna ride the section in the yard and get it good and hot and see what she wants/needs ... Besides what I've already ordered for it . Edited by axulsuv

Well after a few hours on the new girl , I think all the previously mentioned parts I ordered from the Trials shop this morning will do her just fine ...

And as the left side panel will not stay engaged to the tank securely ??? this is how she looks now .post-1232-0-19538500-1362869220_thumb.jpg

And again Doug , here is a photo of the actual tip of the shifter , It can be duplicated with a spring and a small piece of pipe with a notch cut out of it ... I'm sure you can devise something !!! post-1232-0-98719100-1362869528_thumb.jpgpost-1232-0-95714400-1362869599_thumb.jpg Sorry for the bad photo , but you can see how it's done ...

Glenn

I suddenly have the urge to clean my little home shop and build the Miata motor that is in pieces and box's all over the place in there ... B) Just so I have room to spread the section out all over the place and do the full tilt pimp your ride thing to her ...

Edited by axulsuv

Last nite I got all the info for the section in a email from Chris from the French fantic club . Still not quite all the info I want/need , but at least I got a wireing diagram for it so I can streamline it without quessing .... Still need more info on the paoli forks ...

Back to work now !

Glenn