Sections...?

axulsuv

Last nite I got all the info for the section in a email from Chris from the French fantic club . Still not quite all the info I want/need , but at least I got a wireing diagram for it so I can streamline it without quessing .... Still need more info on the paoli forks ...

Back to work now !

Glenn

That's cool you got more info to make life easier.

About the Paoli forks.......They go up and down :hyper:

• Like 1

IMG.pdfI know the go up and down ... But are they supposed to drip ? The info on them is on it's way ... And I spent the afternoon making a streamlined wiring diagram from all my translations ... minus lights, horn etc... Look at it and see if you think it's correct ... Edited by axulsuv

IMG.pdfI know the go up and down ... But are they supposed to drip ? The info on them is on it's way ... And I spent the afternoon making a streamlined wiring diagram from all my translations ... minus lights, horn etc... Look at it and see if you think it's correct ...

I would think dripping is a bad thing. Good luck making them leak free

At first glance I would say wiring diagram is good but I don't do so good on paper. I am more of a follow the wire to where it goes kinda electrician.

Edited by zippy

It's really just a guideline so I have reference to the mass of wires that I can eliminate ...

And the forks will be fine , The tubes are flawless that I can see and I'm just waiting on the Ariete fork seals to show , along with a bunch of other stuff...

It's really just a guideline so I have reference to the mass of wires that I can eliminate ...

And the forks will be fine , The tubes are flawless that I can see and I'm just waiting on the Ariete fork seals to show , along with a bunch of other stuff...

I see, you are in the "all agitated and wanting parts to get here so you can get it all done" phase of the project. I think I am purpetually in that phase

Got home tonight to a large box from the Trials Shop !! :) , and a small box from RYP !( some S3 hardrock pegs for my old feet , the OE pegs are pretty skinny .)

Got some work to do this weekend :) Time to take her apart ...............

Edited by axulsuv

Got home tonight to a large box from the Trials Shop !! :) , and a small box from RYP !( some S3 hardrock pegs for my old feet , the OE pegs are pretty skinny .)

Got some work to do this weekend :) Time to take her apart ...............

Parts are here!!!!! Yay!! Time for some quality time in the garage.

Your diagram looks ok to me if that is how the rectifier is connected.

Copied it from the OE diagram , just left out the stuff I don't need Just went to the home depot and got some custom pvc pipe and a fitting for fork seal tools ... and some cool velcro stuff for wire harness retainers . Now to move the Miata engine and peices to work so I can move around in my little shop at home .:)

First wrench applied ...

Went out to the shop last nite after work and removed the drain plugs from the forks . Must have been the OE oil , real stinky and lumpy ...

Looks like they have to come all the way apart just to clean the sludge out :) And I ordered a fork oil gauge , to set the level correctly.

First wrench applied ...

Went out to the shop last nite after work and removed the drain plugs from the forks . Must have been the OE oil , real stinky and lumpy ...

Looks like they have to come all the way apart just to clean the sludge out :) And I ordered a fork oil gauge , to set the level correctly.

I foresee much brake cleaner being used in your future............ :marky:

I'll take them to work with me and clean them up in the parts washer . Brake cleaner works great for alot of things, but in this case I'll only use it to rinse the solvent off , after they are clean and ready to reassemble :)

• Like 1

I'll take them to work with me and clean them up in the parts washer . Brake cleaner works great for alot of things, but in this case I'll only use it to rinse the solvent off , after they are clean and ready to reassemble :)

I don't have one of those fancy schmancy parts washer things.......yet. :D

Now how do I convince the wifey that it is a sound investment?

UMMM ...

It will save money on brake cleaner ? And you only have to buy the machine once . You may change the solvent annually depending on the amount of use . And you can get a cheap one at harbor freight or northern tool that will do the job just fine for home use. .... ??? It will cut down on the time you spend cleaning things , so you can spend more time with her !!!

That's all I got :)

• Like 1