Scorpa Sy 200F Clutch Mod

gac

Does anyone have details/pictures of the mod to the vertical clutch rod (the one that the actuator arm attaches to) that helps to relieve the on/off effect of the clutch. I am sure that I have read about this as being one of the mods which most transform what is an excellent bike. My model is an SY 200F 163cc, Year: 2008. Any help or information would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the photo's Austini. They show the operating lever which is attached to the vertical rod (inside the casing). From what I understand it is the bottom end of this vertical rod that needs modifying to make the clutch less fierce.

The operating lever has been extended this smooths out the clutch action, to tell the truth I have had three of these little 4ST's in my time and have never had no problem with the clutch. Riding these machines improved my riding mainly because I didn't need a clutch so much, and it improved my technique because I learnt to unweight more effectively to make up for the lack of ground clearance.

I have one of these machines (much modified, 200cc) and did the clutch arm mod but to be honest it made little or no difference, the thing you have to do is take off the clutch casing, remove the clutch pushrod, the clutch arm/cam will then pull up out of the casing and all you do then is grind a smoother rounder profile on the actuating cam, put it all back and try it, not worth the work for me unless you have clutch cover off anyway.

Ridden quite a few of these and agree with ausy.

The way the clutch takes up the drive is a bit vague.

I think it's the clutch itself rather than the linkage or the hydraulics.

It's an old road based engine which is no doubt built for reliability rather than precision.

Good we bikes.