Vito Questions

mooseman

best van i,ve had .go for the 110 or 112 if you can .mines a 108 cdi could do with a little bit more.spoke to a guy the other day with a brand new 109 ,hes on his 3rd gear box ,ignition key feel in through dash board he wasn,t happy at all with it.no had anything major problems with mine just the usual wear and tear stuff.parts seem about the same as most other vans i,ve had .

I've got a 51 plate 112 cdi. Quick and reasonably economical.

Problems to date. Anti roll bar link gone.

Other than that OK. It holds 8 litres of oil so service intervals are long as well.

For a list of all the problems try this site. Some great advice

http://www.benzworld.org/

go to the forums and look under V Class. (Just checked and looks like it is temp offline) Try later

i think the engine size is the same on all vito models.2.2ltr. the numbers relate to bhp. i.e 108 is 88bhp 110 is 100bhp and 112 is 120 bhp.i,ve been told this by several people.i,ve got a 108cdi which is fine but i would like a little more power on the motorway ,just in the process of finding out how much to get the ecu remapped to 120bhp.i,ve been told about 300 quid ish which seems cheaper than buying a 112.hope this helps

We have a 112 and when we were looking we were told that the 108 had a basic diesel engine, and the 110 and 112 had a better one. So maybe best going for the 110 or 112 for fuel and BHP.

Cheers for the info

I would like to but in a couple of rear seats to increase carrying capacity. Similar use it sounds to how doughboy uses it.

Any suggestions of good second hand van dealers, preferably in the North West?

I was after a vito for ages and test drove a few, I agree, I would try and go for the 110 or 112 as the engine does feel more "refined" than the 108 model. I found the Vito's a bit dear and opted for the Traffic / Vivaro. Really glad I did as it drives better than my old car, and with the 6 speed gearbox it cruises down the motorway at 70 hardly ticking over! Bit more room in them as well.

reply to CUBBY:

I converted my vito myself .got the side window glass which included internal trims from mercedes in bolton .then got a brand new set of seats from van parts in openshaw got a local mechanic to fit the seats and a windscreen firm to fit the glass.did it all for about 6oo quid .even got some cord carpet to finish it off .nowi can get 5 people in and my bike (put it in backwards first in through side door) perfect.

doing it this way it you can have it exactlythe way you want it.

p.s.dont forget to tell your insurance company about the extra seats!