200 Kit For 2013 125

markjw

can you get a 200cc kit for the new model- 2013 - Sherco 125. I am contemplating going down in size as the bigger engined bikes are just too much but I really don't want to rev a bike much and feel the 200cc would be ideal. I only ride clubman level

my current bike is a new 2013 OSSA 280i (my third) but they are now getting just too powerful

So your comments and assistance would be really appreciated

Hi Markjw, I have a 2007 Sherco 125 with a 200 kit fitted [bought it that way] and also stepped down from a Beta 250 Techno, mainly for the weight saving. However I found the 200 very zappy, and for me hard to control. It also had a flat slide carby that would have given it the get up and go. I spent the first week either on the back wheel or on my backside.

To make it more enjoyable/controllable in the sections I ride I changed the jetting and retarded the ignition, fantastic bike. Oh yes and fitted a TRP shock.

Cheers Taff

I suppose the old 200 top would still fit the later motors, yet cannot confirm. I allways sorts wanted one till comparing directly with my old 125, and quite honestly could not justify the change to a 163cc motor.

The new 125's are brisk on top, yet still gentile, and the only turu drawback is torque at low revs below the power band.

All said, I have come to like the 250, and it can be softened a bit if needed, yet still has true guts behind it. Doubt I would ever consider the cost of an uprated 125, although sweet as they are..