Workshop Manuals, Forks, And Kick Start,

si8433176

Hi all,

does anyone know of a source of workshop manuals for the sherco 2011 250?

i found this link but it doesn't seem to work:

http://www.malcolmra...rices.htm#T2011

I need to change the fork seal and just want to see what the bolt in the bottom of the forks is doing,

not done them on these type of forks before so any advice would be good, or even a link that works.

cheers guys

Si

PS, the kickstart split today !!! its not done much either, still on the original tyres chain sprockets etc as i dont get to ride half as often as i'd like. has anyone else experienced this? surely i shouldn't be changing kickstarts more often than the consumables!

Regards

Edited by si8433176

Hi Mate, Look Here. http://www.lewisportusa.com/manuals/sherc_11-21-09/sherco_fork_seal_replacement-1.pdf

Seems strange about your kick start, It may be a bad one, Been hit or bad starting habbits. Mine's still o.k on a high compression 300.

The 2013 bike has a longer kickstart might be a consideration if you need to replace.

On the "11 bike I believe it had the later style Paioli fork still as compared to the new Tech fork. The procedure would still be similar to the old style Paioli as illustrated, yet you need to extract the damper unit from the right leg and pump it to drain ALL the old oil out the damper. Once it is fully drained, and only then, you may go back with 385ml in the left leg and 370ml in the right(damper) side, and stroke it to bleed all air out.

By height method Left 110mm, and Right 60mm compressed.

If the bike has the Tech fork, there is a tutorial on the Splatshop website, very similar to the late Paiolis, yet by measure height only, so I do not know exact quantity.