Aprilia Climber 280

b19 joe

Hi, I'm new to trials riding and have just bought an Aprilia Climber 280 1994. I'm not sure if this was a great move because I can't find an owners manual for it. Can anyone advise me on where I can source one or give me advice on oil capacities, grades and service information i.e. plug gaps etc... Any info would be gratefully received! Many thanks

• 4 months later...

hi i have a aprilia climber but i dont know whether its a 240 or 280 could anyone tell me how to id the engine, sorry for coming in like this i am a new member and dont know how to post my question, any info would be appreciated thanks pete,

• 4 months later...

Hi i have a copy in pdf format,just mail me,and i sent u a copy. sorry it's just a spare parts catalouge

Hi bilks, I have the chance to buy a 280 climber unregistered for £200 ( would you think this price is ok for a bike in reasonable cond) needs a few small parts and would be grateful if you could email me a copy of a parts catalogue. Thanks Ralph ralphvfr@hotmail.com

• 3 months later...

I have just bought a nice 1994 280 as well (and an incomplete 240). Looks like you have to remove the swinging arm to remove the rear brake master cylinder, unless anyone else knows otherwise?

Cheers Nick

• 1 month later...

Yes you can only get to the rear master cylinder by removing the swingarm, (stupid design really!)

I had a 280 climber, theyre ok as a starter bike, but i found as i progressed theyre really heavy, and braking isnt brilliant.

Richard allen has plently of used spares for them, and is a great bloke to deal with, really helpful.

He also has a full aprillia manual, and im sure he can sort folk out with a copy.

http://www.allensusedtrialsspares.co.uk/

• 4 months later...