Help- 04 Beta Just Died, Won't Start

orangebane

Hello everyone

I'm new to this forum and fairly new to trials. I just finished riding in Dave Rhodes Outlaw trial in Kamloops B.C. (Junior) and my 04 Beta just died. We checked all the obvious things ie gas, kill switch, put in a new plug but there is still no spark at the plug.

From the other forum topics it sounds like there are some electrical issues that can crop up. I have some limited mechanical skills, how do you check the CDI unit? Can it be checked with a multimeter and if so what values are normal? How do you check the stator?

Anybody else have any ideas?

Thanks for any input

Dont know much myself...sorry..but I guesss you've thought of the obvious, swapping the parts from a mates bike, untill you find which one aint working???

Do you have a mate there with the same bike?

GOod luck...I'm sure you'll get some better/more informative replies on here soon. :hyper:

Hi!

My Beta Died a few weeks ago, got the stator plate rewound ,and off she went first kick, seems to be the weakness on a beta.You will need the puller tool to take the flywheel off, but the job is easy.Just remove the fly wheel cover,then remove the large nut in the middle ,remove the fly wheel with the puller, this will reveal the stator plate which can be removed by the 3 screws be carefull you do not round these screw heads,follow the stator plate wiring up to the back of the cooling fan un plug the connnections and there you go. Send it off for a rewind and it will be good as new.

Hope this Helps

Davyb

Thanks Davyb for the info

Outlaw Dave (the Beta, Gas Gas, And Sherco dealer) has picked up the bike (excellant service!) and will be getting it repaired. I don't know yet if it is the coil or the stator. more info as it arrives

Just an update.

Turned out it was the stator that was faulty.

Outlaw Dave sure looks after his customers. He picked the bike up Tuesday and it was ready to go Saturday afternoon. I thought I was going to be down alot longer than that.

Thank you for the information everybody posted.