Identify Gg Year From Frame Number? 250 Txt Pro

trevbul1

Hi,

Looks like I got caught out, my Montesa 4RT could be an '05 when it was sold as an '07, people are telling me the 10th digit on the frame no equals the year.

Got an '05 TXT Pro as well (and prefer it!). Anyone know how to identify my TXT Pro from the frame number? All the grahics are right, but I'm getting paranoid now.

Hanging is too good for some people, but I suppose it's 'buyer beware' and all that.

Cheers and happy trialling.

I have cut and pasted this from trialspartsusa;

2004 and newer (after July 2003)

Example: VTRGG 3002 D093 9955

VTR = International manufacturers code. VTR = GasGas

GG =Trial model (Company code to identify model EC = Enduro & MX, FS = Four Stroke, WD = Quads)

3002:

30 = 300 model.

02 = (02 = year of Europe homogulation N/A USA)

D093:

D = 2003 ALPHA CODE FOR MODEL YEAR.

09 = Manufacture month (9TH month) September.

3 = Year of manufacture 2003.

9955 = sequential chassis number. (9,955th built in this year.)

“Alpha” model year codes Model engine size codes

D = 2003 J = 2008 12 = 125cc

E = 2004 K = 2009 20 = 200 model (175cc)

F = 2005 L = 2010 25 = 250cc

G = 2006 M = 2011 28 = 280 model (272cc)

H = 2007 N = 2012 30 = 300cc

Edited by richt
  • Like 1

Thank you for taking the trouble to reply, it was informative, and better still, my GG checks out as kosher. I will be ever so careful in the future!

Stop me if I am out of date with the news, but having owned a 4RT and GG 2T side by side, what the world really needs is a Honda EFI 2T, in my opinion!

Thanks again for the input.

• 2 years later...

Sorry, can't help re TXT or Pro, though both my Pro's have had 'Pro' stickers on them - have you looked at the GG factory website, it's got an archive section (haha) for older models.. Was just wondering why you need the bike, I would have thought the John Deere would perform just fine. Bit of a bugger to get it on the car rack though...

Your bike is a 2005 TXT-Pro 250  :thumbup: (made in Feb 05)

The changeover year was 2002 when the TXT-Pro was introduced and the plain TXT finished.

Have a look ay my earlier post above, it explains what the full number means.

I've got one but it's really basic, hardly worth bothering with really. If you meant a workshop manual, sorry, can't help, but there is a YouTube video for most things you really need. I'd copy you my manual but unfortunately it is with my bike 500 miles from where I'm sitting and I won't be reunited with it until October, by which time, soz, but I will have forgotten all about you!

Actually, just remembered my manual is a 2006 anyway. Ditto to previous reply, take a look at the GG website, there is an English version, just Google it.

Cheers, Trevor

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in need of desperate help, I managed to pull a fantastic wheelie which turned out to be horrendous as I pushed it to far which resulted in me snapping the exhaust off of the Middle box and also snapping a chunk out of the plastic air box :/ but I have searched for hours on the Internet and cannot find these parts. Please please could anyone help me!

Hi , quite new on here and stuck with my new bike all I know is the it's a gas gas 250 2005 with frame number of vtrgg2502f0250652. Does this make my bike a txt or txt pro?? Confused!!

Thats a 2005 pro 250cc

Edited by crazybond700