Might Buy A 1975 Sherpa T 350

guys

Well, here she is. Ready to race on friday evening (There are still a few things on my wish list like the front and rear (leak) suspension, a luminium sump guard, steel brake liners...)

gallery_15723_158_3244439.jpg

• Like 3

Very sweet, :popcorn: I' am too in the process of electrical wiring, where are the switches?

BTW.:

In Germany you have to have silly flashes for road registering if the bike is younger then being build in 1962!

I don't like flashes they are very weird on a trials bike. Using the Hercules K125 flashes that are mounted to the bar ends

as these are made out of polished aluminium, at least contemporary and they are really solid and do work also as bar ends ...

(will of course take them of once the bike is registered ...)

Thanks pschrauber,

There's a light switch on the handle bar just left of the crossbar and the stoplight switch is just above the brake pedal.

I heard someone say that indicators are not required in Belgium so I hope he's right :unsure: and motorcycles don't have to be inspected before registration in Belgium.

No disadvantage in my very personal opinion

Maybe not, although I liked the way the engine respond better to the throttle due to the lighter flywheel. It starts fine on the points. I still hope they can solve my problem or send me a new one...

Edited by guys

Damn again. Now the spark gets weak when the engine is hot. Probably the condensator (which still is mounted next to the points) or the HT coil is damaged... To be continued...

Yep condensator might be the problem. To check the condensator turn the rotor until the points are open, then connect the condenser to a multi meter, adjust measuring resistance (20M Ohm), when the multi meter is connected the resistance should rise up.

If the resistance goes down or a short circuit is shown the condensator is faulty / broken.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My apologies to the Czech! There was nothing wrong with the electronic ignition. Apparently the clutch slipped a bit when I kickstarted the engine so it did not make enough rpm's to get a decent spark.

I made 2mm thick shims to get a bit more pre-tension on the clutch springs, mine has the cups with pins on the springs, not the nuts.

Now it starts with no problem :thumbup:

She should be ready to take part in the classic 2 day trial in HERGENROTH, Germany :banana:

• Like 2