Whitehawk Fibreglass Tank Sealing

john b

Hi

I know a few topics on here but thought I would ask for thae latest thoughts.....

My son's Whitehawk 80 fibreglass tank has a few blisters developed under the paint (and after every ride I drain the tank).

What's the best option to seal ?

Thanks in anticipation

cheers

John

HI I used a product called flowliner purchased locally to me and it does seem to be a good product (although time will tell I suppose), not all of the tank liners are suitable for fibreglass so choose carefully, I have done three tanks with it with apparently no issues, if you do the job make sure you follow instructions as I nearly ruined tank at my first attempt by letting it stand too early and the heat build up from the chemical reaction caused swelling of the fibreglass, after that I kept the compound moving round the tank for a minimum of an hour, I am very pleased with the finished job.

I have only used two types,kreem and caswel.I think the caswel is definitely better,but not perfect.I,ve been told by a fellow SMOG member that none will last unless you run race gas or AV gas.He had an Ossa Pioneer that he sealed with caswel over ten years ago with no issues,but he only runs AV gas.

i'd look on boat building and airplane websites/ forums for a definative product.. i was told by the guys that import one product that NO tank sealer is 100% guaranteed..

Sounds like good stuff, where do you get it ?

• Like 1