Peak Classic Rd 2 Club Championship Stathams Farm Sunday 31St Is Deffinately On !

As the title says I am happy to announce that the trial this Sunday is most deffinately a goer and will run as normal start time 11.00 am but don't forget to put your clocks forward by an hour.

I was down there today and have managed to lay out 4 laps of 10 sections with routes for Expert, Classic Expert, Intermediate, Classic Intermadiate and Clubmen. there will be classes as usual for British bikes, Pre 85 twinshocks and pre95 air cooled monos.

Also the caravan will be there not just for signing on but serving bacon and sausage butties along with tea and coffee and as usual the PB Trialsport sales van will also be in attendance for your trials consumables and accessories.

So come along you must be getting stir crazy by now with all these trials cancelled. We have managed to clear the snow so you can enjoy yourselves. See you there. For more details see our website www.peakclassic.co.uk

Edited by old trials fanatic

Agreed Daz but I've spent all day today shovelling snow off the sections so fingers crossed for a good turnout of riders. Just two observers confirmed so far but hoping for a few more. At least we've managed to put an event on but it's a thankless job being an observer. At least we can offer them unlimited free tea and coffee.

it is a thankless task and you really do have to take your hat off to them ! I remember back in the early days of Peak Classic about a decade ago bringing at times three observers with me ,all members of my family with the promise of a pub lunch afterwards , which actually became known as the Peak Classic drinking club. You know the culprits! They were really good days and epitomised why the classic scene which included twinshocks was a breath of fresh air in this area . If your honest though with the emergence of now three classic clubs using predominantly the same pockets of land who would want to observe three times a month in summer let alone in these conditions?

Think the real answer to the "problem" Daz is that you brought three observers with you which was great and I truly wish that was the case now but sadly it's not. Most of the riders yesterday come on their own and out of the four observers we had only two came with a rider. I am so grateful for the support of these people as I am for the support of all the riders who came yesterday which sort of made all the snow shovelling worthwhile but I just wish we could get back to those halcyon days when riders came with their families and Sunday was not just a trial but a day out for the family. Never mind at least we managed to get an event on when so many had to cancel for weather reasons and everybody seemed to enjoy themselves.

Will be posting the results later when I've had chance to finish them off.