Is The 300 A Handful ?

westfield

A few of us have ridden our mates new 300 Cabestany and all find it rediculously smooth and easy to ride, even a few statements of " the easiest bike to ride I've ever been on." We have a variety to try, 2 stroke and 4 stroke Betas, a couple of 2011 Ragas, a couple of 2012 Ossas, 2001 320 GasGas....

I found it very smooth for alot more of the start of the throttle range compared to my 2008 290 but when you crack it you really feel that 300 cc touque.

The owner is a C grade rider and he still has his old 2009 4 stroke Sherco which he strugled with a bit despite gearing it down.

He finds the new Cab alot easier to ride.

I have a 2010 300 having changed straight from a 2010 125 when I was old enough. I have never found it a handlful even with the ti pipe and fancy dellorto carb. 95% of the time the extra power over say a 290 is probably not necessary especially not for me weighing in at about ten and half stone but it is nice to know you have that power on tap.

Overall I think it's been a great bike and wouldn't hesitate to have another 300 but ill be changing to a 290 in the next week or so but that's not because I didn't like the 300 but due to being after a newer bike and this one was available.

The 300 Factory is very tractable of the bottom and fairly smooth but picks up very quickly and turns into a missile when given a handfull.

The factory bikes are different to the run of the mill cabestany versions. the engines are ported and matched, The ignitions are altered and the clutch is modified plus many other little tweaks.

I would pick an ex factory one over a cabes version as it's basicly a stickered up bike with a 300 pot and a titanium pipe where the factory is properly set up.

I am biased as I'm lucky enough to have one, although it is in red cabes colours, and I wouldn't swap it for anything, If I can't get my hands on another factory one when I change I'm going back to gas gas as the standard 290 sherco is terrible in comparison to the factory bikes.