Two More Bikes Gone. I Am Definately Beginning To Think Somehow Someone Is Targeting Classic Bikes Why And How?

old trials fanatic

Bob Forrest a member of the trials fraternity has sadly had his garage broken into in the early hours of this morning Saturday

6th April. He was at home in Leeswood near Mold, North Wales and heard a

bang but didn't realise what was happening.

His newly completed Faber framed B40

and his immaculate TLR with 1 piece tank/seat unit were

... stolen together with two helmets, his trials bum bag and many hand and power

tools.

Please keep your eyes open and let Bob aka Rob 07810 301980 or

rgforrest@btinternet.com or the police know if you suspect you've seen them.

This is happening now to the Classic fraternity too often to just be opportunist thieves. Where are these bikes going? Somebody MUST know something. After the theft of Alan Whittons van and stuff plus others this is too much from such a small sector of the trials world to be mere coincidence. As I said somebody must know whats happening to these bikes and bits and by keeping quiet they are as bad or even worse than the thieves themselves.

Just to add to this .

TLR 200 stolen

Engine # TLR2005002502

Frame # TLR2005100653

Shedworks tank seat unit in Honda red,blue & white colours

Shedworks frame protectors.

Gold wheels and handlebar TLR No Plate and chain gaurd.

Immaculate condition , just restored.

BSA B40

GB engine , Faber frame New, black, Frame # FAB01203

New SM Alloy tank painted blue/ silver with gold lining

New Alloy mudgaurds with Blue and gold pinstripe.

Special swept back stainless steel exhaust and silencer only one in the country..

Distinctive attractive bike just restored.

Desperate to have both bikes back.even prepared to offer a reward.for any info.

Lets just try and stop this happening so dont be tempted to buy stuff cheap if its offerred from a source that may not be legit.

• Like 1

As a previous victim of bike theft, my guess is that that incidents are unrelated ( alan whittons was an opportunist theft of a van that happened to have a trials frame inside) .

Unfortunately off-road bikes are desirable items amongst the criminal classes, I can well imagine that some one spotted Bob's either on his rack at the back of his motor and followed him a mile or two home, or saw him washing it on his drive and decided to come back later and take it.

Sorry Bob, but my guess is that the theives won't give a monkeys about how special it is,it will be thrashed around their local quarry or woods until it stops...

I am not familar with your surrounding area, but if i was going to look for it I would start with woods and quarries rather than organised events.

Hopefully you are well insured. The only moral is keep any bike out of sight the best you can, and protect it well.

• Like 1

Hi Guys .

Hi Alan.

Listen, would youths, if they pinched the two bikes , be bothered to take the other stuff??

Doubt it.

More like someone knowing someone that has talked about getting a Honda Or more likely a BSA trials bike, that is going up in value, and would give a good price if he could find one . And Jack the Lad and his mate have spotted the bike ,or a mate knows where it lives, and have already quoted a price for the said machine.

Just me surmizing ???? But more like the sunario , or is the Classic Trials scean growing in other offshore destinations????

Let's try and find Bobs bike!!!!

Regards Charlie PS. don't forget ta take a look at the bike on www.bsaotter.com OK

• Like 1

As a previous victim of bike theft, my guess is that that incidents are unrelated ( alan whittons was an opportunist theft of a van that happened to have a trials frame inside) .

Unfortunately off-road bikes are desirable items amongst the criminal classes, I can well imagine that some one spotted Bob's either on his rack at the back of his motor and followed him a mile or two home, or saw him washing it on his drive and decided to come back later and take it.

Sorry Bob, but my guess is that the theives won't give a monkeys about how special it is,it will be thrashed around their local quarry or woods until it stops...

I am not familar with your surrounding area, but if i was going to look for it I would start with woods and quarries rather than organised events.

Hopefully you are well insured. The only moral is keep any bike out of sight the best you can, and protect it well.

I think you're correct

The frame in the van would probably be down the local scrapyard for its metal value of about

these gentlemen are not fussy.. scrambler/ trials there all the same to them.. with the price of scrap on the rise and stuff with electric motors fetching strong money ( i got £5 last week for an old core drill at emr) all the power tools/drills etc are a quick win.

light iron is 150 a tonne at EMR so a frame might be 20 kilos say £ 3 quid.. barely enough for the delivery charge never mind the pizza. add in the alloy at about 1800 a tonne and they have 20 quid max.

scrapping the van for its 200 quid value is much harder as you must have the v5 if it has an engine.. but replating it is much easier..

• 2 years later...

Hi Guy's.

Just going through my site Pages and Updated the Bob Forrest page.

Not with any New information about the theft unfortunately.

I Don't know If Bob has had any information about the bikes stolen either.

You would have thought something would have shown in three years, If the bikes had been stashed.

One good tip when you are rebuilding your engine stamp your name and Postcode inside the Chain case and even crank cases,someone one day will strip said engine and may investigate

these names and numbers. (My engines have names stamped by the engine numbers too).

Then have  a sticker made saying that this machine is secretly marked and chipped and stick it on the Tank.

Anyone else got any bright ideas?

Regards Charlie.