Condolences For Margaret ...

axulsuv

FFS: I was about 9. At that age you develop irrational hatreds! Scarred? You mob have scarred me more :stoned:

Copey: yeah they used to hand out small bottles of milk for kids at junior school. Most kids loved it. It was an attempt to give poorer kids some decent food but is was given to all kids. Interestingly they used to have the same scheme in NZ and are now re-introducing it.

b40rt: I mentioned that she ended the influence of the unions but the side effect was killed off over half of UK heavy industry and with it Britains position as an industrial power.

• Like 1

It all seems very bizarre to me that anyone would celebrate someone dying to the point of street parties. It's great we have the freedom to do that, but whatever she's done - surely it can't be morally right?

• Like 3

It all seems very bizarre to me that anyone would celebrate someone dying to the point of street parties. It's great we have the freedom to do that, but whatever she's done - surely it can't be morally right?

Without being condescending, how old are you ?

Apart from the good things she did (Mr Whippy) she destroyed many lives and community's.

Sacrifices for the greater good are all very well, as long as it doesn't affect you. A concept that I'm fairly sure never occurred to Mrs T.

Edited by b40rt

I'm not debating that, I'm debating if its right or wrong to 'celebrate' the death of what was, at the end of the day, a retired old woman. It must be an awful thought for her family that her death had caused joy to some.

Although I'm guessing I'm talking about an absolute minority here, most of which probably weren't around during the Thatcher era.

Out of interest, what do people think of the unions during these times?

• Like 1