Place's To Go

brev3

hello i live in west yorkshire & would just like to ask all you trials riders were do you go to ride your bikes when there is no trials on. iv'e just got my lad a bike & finding it very hard to find some were to take him .

can any one help many thanks :hyper:

Addingham Moorside is cheapest just between Addingham and Silsden. Farmer comes along to collect money, closer to you Is BUMPY. Costs about a tenner to join and a fiver for the day. The area has some good trials terrain but it is limited and you have to watch out for the quads and enduros they hire out.

http://bumpy.org.uk/

It's not going to be easy to find a practice area. My Son spent time at BUMPY learning on a TY80 before I bought him an old Amigo and we started going out to trials. We then spent a lot of time between trials at Addingham practicing before we ventured further. Any Child is going to find it difficult at first. After all their are young riders who have been there a year or so and "know the ropes". But if encouraged they will get to the top of the tree. The main thing is to make sure they are enjoying themselves. Also get to the Conducted trials. Barnsley are holding some in Grimethorpe and I have heard good things about them from Ryan Cartwright's parents. Ripon hold some with an "easy" and "Hard" Course held at 3 to 3.30 on the same day as their evening trials. Yeadon Guiseley's hold them at all Centre, Group , club and Beginners trials, the section's are similar at all. Richmond have a conducted or easy course at most of the Youth trials, Horsforth hold some good beginners (at Tong as well!) and contact StuartC at Bradford about His Autotowbars Beginners trials as they also welcome the "small wheelers" and are good at giving them an idea of a "real" trial. The best way to learn is to discover what's out there and ride.

I think I speak for everybody in saying that Kids and Dads are always welcome and all clubs try and make sure that they are going to leave happy after an enjoyable day out.

Now then BRev3,

I'm now based in Wakeypulco, but have been a member of Horsforth for about 4 years now. In all honesty, other than the above-mentioned places (Addingham, plus the HDMC practise ground at Swain Woods), you're struggling for legal places to go.

There is a bit of ground at East Ardsley you might want to try. It tends to be more 'crossers playground really, but its worth a go if you need some flat, open space. To get to it, take Jnc 41 off the M1 - and head west towards Tingley / Morley. After about half a mile, there's a pub on the right called the Bay Horse, turn rigth at the side of it and follow the road. It winds downhill, and eventually you come to a bridge which crosses the old railway lines. This area is used a lot by off-road bikes. You can get parked up somewhere here, and go and play. Now, I don't know if this is 'legal' or not - but I would imagine if you're a parent with a wee one on a little bike, the worst that will happen is you might get asked to leave. I doubt the rozzers will be clamping down too hard on you if you're seen to be responsible. If you're registered with the ACU, take you're license with you to show you're not a hooligan.

The only other place I can think of is to head over to Cowm Quarry at Rochdale. There are big, wide open flat bits for the next World Champ to practise his skills on, and its all legal and above board, unless its changed recently. I think its

If the place Kinkyboots mentions is the same one I know past the Bay Horse and down towards the M62/M1 then they are currently building houses on it!!

Cracking place but now full of developers. Anyone else know of similar places??

If the place Kinkyboots mentions is the same one I know past the Bay Horse and down towards the M62/M1 then they are currently building houses on it!!

Cracking place but now full of developers. Anyone else know of similar places??

As far as I know, they're only building on half of it - or at least they were the last time I went that way. I think if you're coming from the Bay Horse end, the bit to the left hand side of the road MIGHT still be available.

If you go over the bridge and up the other side, you'll eventually come to a house on the left which is a kind of yellowy peachy sort of colur. If you do a left there and go down the road a bit you can park up on the left and get in from there as well. I've seen a few vans and trailers down there.